CB Pierre Desir & DT Dominque Easely on Bears Radar

Every secondary and defensive tackle player is on the Bears Radar before the draft (I get it) but interesting tid bit on how Desir could go to Philly in the 2nd round and the Bears pick 3 spots before them.

Easely seems like a nice draft value in the 3rd or 4th (not the 2nd round). His 2 ACL tears in college scare me to draft him the 2nd round JMHO !!

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bear...espnapi_public

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bear...rivate-pro-day

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Bearmagic; 04-20-2014 at 07:26 AM.

At face value, this suggests we are locking in on safety in round one. On the other hand, there is so much misdirection that preraft reports really have no predictive value. Although Brad Biggs seems to be on the safety drumbeat, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by toooverbearing View Post
    Although Brad Biggs seems to be on the safety drumbeat, so who knows.
    There is not as much depth in terms of good safetys in the draft compared to DT's & CB's which is probably why many are predicting Emery to draft one in the first round.

Thoughts?

If we're going with a S in R1, I hope it's not HCD....seems like he's a little overrated to me. Either Pryor or Ward in a trade down is what I would prefer if we are dead set on drafting a Safety first. To me, that's not the best strategy though if this is true. Targeting a position in the 1st round and ignoring better talent at other need positions (DT and CB) would be a mistake.
    Last edited by DaSuperfan; 04-21-2014 at 12:23 AM.
    "Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by DaSuperfan View Post
    If we're going with a S in R1, I hope it's not HCD....seems like he's a little overrated to me. Either Pryor or Ward in a trade down is what I would prefer if we are dead set on drafting a Safety first. To me, that's not the best strategy though if this is true. Targeting a position in the 1st round and ignoring better talent at other need positions (DT and CB) would be a mistake.
    My only problem with a safety in round one is I don't believe in anyone available. It's not so much the fault of Pryor or Clinton-Dix either. The only time I ever felt like I knew a safety was going to be a great pro going into a draft was Sean Taylor. That was because he wasn't just productive, but he was huge and extremely fast. He stood out as a physical freak. I just never know how much college production will translate to the pros at that position. It happens, of course. But it seems like there is a lot of intangibles.

I do understand we've met with Pryor and Clinton Dix, but I haven't heard of any meetings the Bears have had with other projected first rounders at other positions... Fuller maybe. Did we meet with Donald, Jernigan, Gilbert, or Denard. Or any other player projected as a first rounder who doesn't play safety?

Quote Originally Posted by toooverbearing View Post
    My only problem with a safety in round one is I don't believe in anyone available. It's not so much the fault of Pryor or Clinton-Dix either. The only time I ever felt like I knew a safety was going to be a great pro going into a draft was Sean Taylor. That was because he wasn't just productive, but he was huge and extremely fast. He stood out as a physical freak. I just never know how much college production will translate to the pros at that position. It happens, of course. But it seems like there is a lot of intangibles.

I do understand we've met with Pryor and Clinton Dix, but I haven't heard of any meetings the Bears have had with other projected first rounders at other positions... Fuller maybe. Did we meet with Donald, Jernigan, Gilbert, or Denard. Or any other player projected as a first rounder who doesn't play safety?
    I wouldn't put too much credence in pre-draft visits. I don't think pre-draft visits with certain players is any indication as to what direction the Bears will go based on Emery's past two drafts in the first round. I don't recall the Bears having any reported pre-draft visits with Shea McClellin or Kyle Long. All I'm saying is the Bears shouldn't pigeonhole themselves by drafting a Safety in R1. If there is other talent available at need positions that are ranked higher on the Bears draft board, I would hope they don't go for a Safety because of a fear that that the talent will thin out later in the draft. If they have one of the Safeties ranked higher, then that's a different story....guess we'll never know the truth.
    "Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception." - George Orwell