• Don't draft guys your doctors and psychologists frown on

2 33.33%
  • Never draft a kicker on the first two days

3 50.00%
  • Looking for guys like Tim Tebow

1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Draft Philosoph - Denver Broncos

You are the Denver Bronco's front office - looking at this draft.

Which rules to you keep most in mind while drafting?

I agree with myself.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
    You are the Denver Bronco's front office - looking at this draft.

Which rules to you keep most in mind while drafting?
    Stay true to your board and scouts.
    Don't try to outsmart the draft process. Always draft the higher tiered playr over the lower tiered player of need

I like all of those (except I guess the last one) depending on where you're selecting in the draft. And I think the John Elway led front office has done a great job of taking everything into account depending on the situation.

Their early picks have generally been multi-year contributors with a clean bill of health coming from schools with at least a decent track record. Later in the draft they've picked up some guys that are undervalued because of injury.

Ultimately I voted for the Character concerns, doctors/pyschologists would frown on and No kickers. The last one is obvious, but as for the character concerns while teams can overcome them, I think locker room or rather on field chemistry/camaraderie are pretty important. The slightly more talented guy in a draft is probably not worth potentially damaging team chemistry. And this is actually the one thing I think the Broncos have really focused on of late. Von Miller has had his issues, but the rest of the Bronco draft picks have shown to have great character.

And we've drafted a lot of team captains, showing they had the respect of their teammates.

I think for as deep as this draft is, we should stick tight to the board, especially in the later rounds. I wouldn't be upset if we drafted WRs in the 5th, 6th, and 7th if we had a 2nd round grade on them all.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Quote Originally Posted by femurov View Post
    I think for as deep as this draft is, we should stick tight to the board, especially in the later rounds. I wouldn't be upset if we drafted WRs in the 5th, 6th, and 7th if we had a 2nd round grade on them all.
    This