Giving up on Billy Hamilton, do you like this trade?

I give Hamilton, Lester, Tanaka

Get Wright, Holliday

12 team 5x5 redraft

My team

C- Yadier Molina
    1B- Prince Fielder
    2B- Dee Gordon
    SS- Andrelton Simmons
    MI- Jimmy Rollins
    3B- Brett Lowrie (Manny Machado DL)
    CI- Albert Pujols
    OF- Adam Eaton, Bryce Harper, Giancarlo Stanton, Melky Cabrera
    U- Billy Hamilton

SP- Steven Strasburg
    SP- Masahiro Tanaka
    SP- Michael Wacha
    SP- Jon Lester
    SP- Yordano Ventura
    SP- Cole Hamels (DL)
    RP- Jonathan Papelbon, Jim Johnson, Broxton, Kelly,

Bench- Ian Kennedy, Edinson Volquez, David Carpenter, Edward Mujica, Manny Machado

Tough to give up that pitching. I'm a Hamilton owner myself and I'm going to give him til the All-Star break.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    Tough to give up that pitching. I'm a Hamilton owner myself and I'm going to give him til the All-Star break.

Thx

You do not think I can take the SP hit?

It's just I need a 3B so bad I'm getting desperate and with the Machado situation I'm just not sure what to do + Wright has not started to hit yet but maybe he won't

Everyone knows I'm a sucker for SP, so take it with a grain of salt, but I agree...you can take the hit, but do you really want to give up two SP's that are throwin well for two bats that aren't hitting well? I'd think with the fact you're getting pretty good production out of your MI's right now, that you could afford to wait a bit on Machado to hopefully fix your 3B problem. I'd think you could do better if you want to sell high on Lester and Tanaka.

Maybe try to do the deal with only one of the SP's in it? Or see if you can get back another reliable closer and/or another MI for if/when the Gordon/Rollins bubbles pop?
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Lester is garbage and so is Hamilton... you're trading Tanaka for Wright and Holliday. Easy decision

Pick up: Joe Kelly, Eovaldi, Jessie Chavez, Taijuan Walker, Straily, there's probably a few others who might be available that can easily make up for Lester.

If you want to keep Tanaka try trading Hamilton for a closer or package him and Lester just for the sake of creating roster space
    Last edited by Bowsk; 04-16-2014 at 12:23 AM.

Lol yeah Lester is garbage. Get a grip.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

I think the value is good but you still need MIF help. With or without this trade. The only other hesitation I have is you are trading for 2 slumping guys over 30. There's always a chance they never get back to form

If you do that trade you better hope Wacha can do what he did last year in just 10 games and that Ventura can find control for the entire season. On to p of that if Hamels comes back only for that to find he needs Tommy John surgery you my friend will be screwed. If 3b is all you're worried about why not just wait for Machado? It is still just April. No need to panic now and by doing so you may end up regretting it all season. I'd hold on. worse case you make a trade in a month after seeing how Hamels has looked

Thx guys

I'm gonna wait it out 3-4 weeks and worst come to worst do a 1-1 SP for a 3B

Quote Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
    Thx guys

I'm gonna wait it out 3-4 weeks and worst come to worst do a 1-1 SP for a 3B
    I think you need MIF help way more. JMo though.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Signs of life today from Hamilton.

1/3, 2 R, 2 SB