Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't think a judge can order it. But a judge has the discretion and the authority to offer it.

You can take the heavy fine and time in jail as is my right as a judge to place on you as punishment.
    or
    You can except less of a fine and less time in jail or no time in jail if you also do some weird sh1t to shame you in public...

Guy can take the plea or not...his choice.
    but I would add in if a guy agrees to terms, but can;'t go through with it the original punishment is added on to.
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Edonidd View Post
    Just don't see that as a Judges place. If you break a law they can fine you or send you to jail. I'm ok with mandated community service, or something like that to try and better society. Standing in public holding a sign and being open to ridicule...? Eh. Make him spend the day in jail, or he's free to go. Parents have a responsibilty to make their kids be better people, Judges have a repsonsibility to make sure the law is upheld. I just don't think it is a judge's place to try and instill morals and I definitely don't think it is a judge's place to rule on moraly right or wrong things. Just legally right or wrong.

If that makes sense. Trying to explain the concept of it is actually harder than I thought it would be. I think my rambling above kind of captures the spirit of my feelings on it, although maybe not my actual feelings. Enough that should explain why I think that way though at least i guess.
    What's jail going to do other than waste a lot of money?

This might actually get him to think about his behavior.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Quote Originally Posted by KickSave View Post
    So judges cannot offer creative plea bargains to keep people out of already overcrowded prisons, or provide less expensive (for the tax payers) solutions to punishment that are not cruel?
    That was just an attempt to get to the gist of what Edonidd was against, not necessarily how I feel.

But sure, I'm all for less expensive (for tax payers) solutions to punishment that aren't cruel......................or outright stupid like giving some dumb ass 14 years for pointing a laser at a helicopter for example.
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    That was just an attempt to get to the gist of what Edonidd was against, not necessarily how I feel.

But sure, I'm all for less expensive (for tax payers) solutions to punishment that aren't cruel......................or outright stupid like giving some dumb ass 14 years for pointing a laser at a helicopter for example.
    Whatever man :)

"What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Grimes View Post
    I'm all for public shame.

Judge should make him go back again and this time lose the hat and shades.
    And not block half the view with that mailbox or whatever it is.

Absolutely creative punishments should be allowed to be offered - it's up to the criminal to determine if they want more jail time or the "shaming." It looks like this worked as intended, since he was so "traumatized" by the experience. Hopefully he'll use experience to not pick on disabled kids next time.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by KickSave View Post
    Whatever man :)

I couldn't help myself homey.
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    I couldn't help myself homey.
    Heh, we generally see things sort similar, but that one, not so much. Product of different history I suppose.
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

This guy got off light. He definetly needs to be removed from society for an extended period of time if he keeps his actions up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12