Thread: Mock 2.0

Mock 2.0

1. WR-Kelvin Benjamin-FSU 6'5 240 4.61
    Some like him, some dont. Eagles had him in for a visit, so I gotta think there is quite a bit of interest in him. Will only have to play about 40-50% of the time in his rookie year. Gotta have ins. against Maclin either getting hurt again, not being as good or leaving after 2014. If Maclin comes back strong and gets a new contract, we'll be set at WR for the foreseeable future. This dude has elite potential.

2. OLB-Dion Jordan
    Trade w/ 2015 2nd rd. pick. My favorite player from last years draft. Chip needs to find a way. 3rd down pass rusher in 2014. Takes over starting job from T.Cole in 2015. Possibly sooner. Elite potential. B.Graham gets sent packing. If we have to trade our #1 this year for Dion, Id pick WR Donte Moncrief or WR Cody Latimer in rd. 2.

3. ILB-Jordan Tripp-Montana 6'3 234 4.67
    Ryans replacement. Gotta get more athletic. Montana HC used to be WR coach for Chip at Oregon. 3rd down ILB as a rookie. Starter in 2015. Being compared to Kiko Alonzo. Will be a steal if we can get him in rd. 3.

4. CB-Dontae Johnson-NC St. 6'2 200 4.45
    Can also play S but I think he has some serious potential at CB. S/T guy in 2014 unless there are major injuries but could challenge to start in 2015 when Cary will surely be cut. Could wind up a major steal.

5. WR-Jalen Saunders-Oklahoma 5'9 165 4.44
    Speedy. Is excellent PR guy. Tough little SOB. 5th or 6th WR in 2015. Could move up to #4 by 2015. Chip wants med-big WRs, its pretty obvious imo but he would be wise imo to add at least 1 jitterbug like this guy to the mix.

The way I look at it, its gonna be hard to find instant starters given our roster but this would be a damn good haul imo. Sets up an elite Offense and a young/fast/long D capable of causing tons of turnovers. Front 7 would be basically set and the secondary close to it.

In 2015, we could go CB in rd. 1, add another OG in rd. 3 & another TE in say rd. 4. but we'll be in good shape for 2014. With pretty good depth to boot. With a draft like this though, I could see us competing with just about anyone..this year!
    Last edited by swat; 04-11-2014 at 06:23 AM.

Swap Lee with Benjamin and I'd be ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Funktronic View Post
    Swap Lee with Benjamin and I'd be ok with it.
    Better yet, swap Beckham or Cooks (or even Lee), and I'd be good.

I like this too, but that #1 WR can be Lee or Cooks instead.
    Chip is the man!

Not a fan of benjeman he seems to me the type of reciever who has more of a chance to bust than to blossom, he takes some time to get started and his routes are real crisp and that probably due to his size, he might be a little TOO BIG to be effective.

Going to take more than our 2nd and Graham to get Dion Jordan. I would offer Maimi our 3rd this year, 2nd in 2015 and either Brandon Graham or Vinny Curry their choice. That would be justifiable for all parties envolved. It also gives the Eagles and opportunity to trade back from 22 to recoup the 3rd they lost in the deal and still get a quality reciever prospect along with continuing to strengthen their secondary. They could even take another linebacker.

I think that is very good overall and I could see it going that way, strategically speaking. I personally don't think it is worth taking a WR in the first, but in that scenario, if you know you are getting Jordan with a draft pick, maybe it makes sense.

I do think Benjamin has a chance to bust, and his age concerns me--makes me think he was a man among boys in college a la Danny Watkins. But he does have some special abilities and is the kind of big target I think Foles prefers. I personally am falling enamored of Allen Robinson.

http://mockdraftable.com/player/4335/

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Not a fan of benjeman he seems to me the type of reciever who has more of a chance to bust than to blossom, he takes some time to get started and his routes are real crisp and that probably due to his size, he might be a little TOO BIG to be effective.

Going to take more than our 2nd and Graham to get Dion Jordan. I would offer Maimi our 3rd this year, 2nd in 2015 and either Brandon Graham or Vinny Curry their choice. That would be justifiable for all parties envolved. It also gives the Eagles and opportunity to trade back from 22 to recoup the 3rd they lost in the deal and still get a quality reciever prospect along with continuing to strengthen their secondary. They could even take another linebacker.
    Yeah, the other LB could be Tripp, who they are obviously very high on.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I like this too, but that #1 WR can be Lee or Cooks instead.
    Yeah, that and another defender instead of another wideout in round 5.

No fan of Benjamin nor Cooks. Beckham is the guy in the late 1st round. Jordan doesn't look do-able and the Eagles need to add at least 1 OG. Not having many picks is going to hurt.
    "It was the balls fault" Raid 2010
    The 14 year reign of mismanagement is over, hope runs rampant once again.