Post Lance Briggs ranked the 32nd best OLB in 2013

Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

Important to note that's among 4-3 OLBs only.

So that makes him, what - about 32nd out of 40?
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

Didn't read it but he would have to be hard to rate last year. He was playing well, missed a lot and, then played not so well.
    BEAR DOWN..................... AND WHILE YOU'RE DOWN THERE.....

Briggs has always been overrated IMO. This ranking seems appropriate given his age and declining skills.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Meh. I don't put a lot of stock in Bleacher Report. IMO, that site is 98% fluff. I'm not going to argue that Briggs should be rated #1, mind you, but I couldn't care less what Bleacher Report says about him.
    None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you... you're locked in here with me. ........
    .......................Best Green Bay quote ever: "We'll never forget you, Brent." .......

Quote Originally Posted by green18 View Post
    Meh. I don't put a lot of stock in Bleacher Report. IMO, that site is 98% fluff.
    Normally, I would agree. However, if you look at the byline, it was written by Matt Miller, not an anonymous goober, like most BR stuff.
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

If he was smart, he'd hang up his cleats. He's going to be a slobbering idiot by the time he hits 45.

I see his future and it's grim.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Normally, I would agree. However, if you look at the byline, it was written by Matt Miller, not an anonymous goober, like most BR stuff.
    You might be right. I'm not familiar with Matt Miller, but, I'm guessing that if you are vouching for him, he must have some credibility. On the whole, though, I just make a point to stay clear of Bleacher Report because I don't get much out of their pieces and I find the site itself annoying.
    None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you... you're locked in here with me. ........
    .......................Best Green Bay quote ever: "We'll never forget you, Brent." .......

Miller is a signal amongst BR's noise.

JMSO, Briggs is probably worth keeping around for his familiarity with the defense — he's normally in the right place, which is more than you can say for Bostic and Greene — but barring a miraculous renaissance, this will certainly be his last year.

i won't be a bit surprised if he doesn't survive September's cuts. he's close to done.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    If he was smart, he'd hang up his cleats. He's going to be a slobbering idiot by the time he hits 45.
    Going to be? Have you listened to the man talk at all in the decade or so that he's been with the Bears? :)

"Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

If you rated him based only off of the games that he played when he came back from injury I would agree, but before he got hurt he looked to be off to a monster year. I stopped reading these when I saw his corner back rankings. He has Jennings behind both of his backups, and Jennings has played in the last two Pro Bowls. Jennings wasn’t the problem with that D last year, and the guy has been nothing but a gem since coming here.

Tim Jennings 76
    Bowman 62
    Isaiah Frye 60

His CB rankings
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...erbacks/page/6