Sylvester Williams appreciation thread

Sylvester Williams, DT, Denver Broncos
    Williams didn't have a ton of experience coming into the NFL, with just two years of major college football under his belt, and he didn't exactly sprint out of the gate last season. But he picked it up as things went along, starting the final seven games, including all three postseason contests. Williams was lights-out at times. He's very quick and disruptive, and he makes great use of his hands. The competitive defender never stops. I think he'll be a big factor for the Broncos' defense this fall, based on what I saw at the end of last season.

Projection for 2014: 3.5 sacks.

Follow Gil Brandt on Twitter @Gil_Brandt.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...econdyear-step

The Faker! What the heck are you doing with this title???? Scared the crap out of me - thought he had died or something.

You've always been a jerk!

Woof!
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

Pump, it's good to see you posting . . . I think SS and DC are eluding to the fact that the "appreciation thread" is usually reserved for guys who have left the team for one reason or another ...

I have hopes for Williams, and I think between Ware, Vickerson, Pot Roast, Sly, Quanterus Smith and hopefully a return to form from Wolfe, we'll be very strong ...

Not to mention Von Miller
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by lucas707 View Post
    Pump, it's good to see you posting . . . I think SS and DC are eluding to the fact that the "appreciation thread" is usually reserved for guys who have left the team for one reason or another ...

I have hopes for Williams, and I think between Ware, Vickerson, Pot Roast, Sly, Quanterus Smith and hopefully a return to form from Wolfe, we'll be very strong ...

Not to mention Von Miller

Don't forget Malik Jackson!

Quote Originally Posted by BHamita15 View Post
    Don't forget Malik Jackson!
    I agree !!!!!

Malik has been really good ... can't believe I forgot him !
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

A poster named Pumpfake comes on and causes momentary confusion - who would have figured that?

Some guys say the Broncos need more DEs and DTs - both of those postions are the deepest on the team in talent and versatility. I will always take a BPA type pass rusher - however.

Forgive the transgression, Lucas! Go Broncos! May we get more Reed than Lelie this year!

What happened to Sly?
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Quote Originally Posted by femurov View Post
    What happened to Sly?
    Pump hasn't been around to understand what Appreciation Thread around here means!

Nice to see you around Pump
    Pat Bowlen Best owner in sports

Sly is going to be one on one I predict 10 sacks..

he may end up being a one man wrecking crew... he did what most Rookies never do ! Stay on his feet . I hate the cut block but Sly had zero problem with it .

Quote Originally Posted by Nflbronco View Post
    Nice to see you around Pump
    Thank you, Nflbronco! It's really great to see everyone still here.

In spite of the title....

It doesn't seem like Sly was a first round pick, as little enthusiasm as there has been for him. But the reports out of camp continue to be really positive. DT tends to be a position that players have to mature into - let's hope that Sly is on his way to becoming a great player.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...1-86874a8c27f6

Happy Happy Happy------------

4. For the second consecutive day, linebacker Shaquil Barrett was quick off the edge. Barrett burst past Paul Cornick late in practice for what would have been a sack -- with the potential for a strip and fumble -- of Brock Osweiler.
    "When you allow unlawful acts to go unpunished, you're moving toward a government of men rather than a government of laws." John Wayne