Fallout Boy Will Need Recasting

The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

Anyone have a Mickey Rooney movie to recommend? Whenever a famous actor dies I try to find a few movies to watch. I've already seen Mad Mad World, and I just downloaded Requiem for a Heavyweight, which looks at first glance like it could be entertaining.

Babe: Pig in the City. He plays a filthy, deranged clown who leads a cabal of monkey thieves and is burned to death in front of a bunch of children at a hospital. Good stuff.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. There’s a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if we’re not better it isn’t because there aren’t plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

I always liked Harley Davison and the Marbolo Man when I was growing up. But I haven't seen it in at least 10 years and not sure how it aged. The first time I saw it, I watched the whole movie thinking it was Bruce Willis.

LOL...Mickey Rooney, not Mickey Rourke. Though exactly nobody should be surprised if he's next to go.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

The only thing I remember Rooney from was the "Black Stallion".....

Otherwise, I have seen him in small parts in many movies I can't remember...
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    The only thing I remember Rooney from was the "Black Stallion".....

Otherwise, I have seen him in small parts in many movies I can't remember...
    You need to see It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. You will piss yourself laughing. It's got Rooney, Buddy Hackett, Jim Backus, Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Jonathan Winters, Phil Silvers, a VERY young Peter Falk, Spencer Tracy as the straight man, and Ethel Merman as the mother-in-law from hell.
    “I just adore children. Especially grown ones.”-- George Gould Strong, by way of Doug Wright, Scott Frankel, and Michael Korie, Grey Gardens

Boys town
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    LOL...Mickey Rooney, not Mickey Rourke. Though exactly nobody should be surprised if he's next to go.
    Lol that's embarrassing. I wondered why I didn't get any of the references, but sometimes I don't in these threads.

How about Pete ' s Dragon then. Another of my favorite movies growing up, but from a much younger age growing up. It's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head with Rooney.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NYC View Post
    You need to see It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. You will piss yourself laughing. It's got Rooney, Buddy Hackett, Jim Backus, Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Jonathan Winters, Phil Silvers, a VERY young Peter Falk, Spencer Tracy as the straight man, and Ethel Merman as the mother-in-law from hell.
    Didn't Sid Caesar just pass in the last month or so too?

Quote Originally Posted by Edonidd View Post
    Didn't Sid Caesar just pass in the last month or so too?
    Yeah - Mickey Rooney was the last of the central cast.
    “I just adore children. Especially grown ones.”-- George Gould Strong, by way of Doug Wright, Scott Frankel, and Michael Korie, Grey Gardens