Robert Ayers appreciation thread

2 year deal with the Giants...

Joining DRC in New York and Decker on the other side.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

How could you forget Trindon Holiday signed on there too?

I enjoyed Robert Ayers - he did not live up to his draft slot, but he did give a full effort and was decent player. I'd shake his hand. Good luck in the NFC - old friend.

By two year deal - that tells me it is a better than minimum deal - and helps the compensatory pick situation for next year.

Best of luck to Robert Ayers - he always played with intensity and gave everything he had
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

Boy that 2009 draft was crap

Thanks McD, your first draft yielded 2 journeyman players who didn't see a 2nd contract and 3 players not worth crap out of 5 players drafted in the first 2 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by CEH View Post
    Boy that 2009 draft was crap

Thanks McD, your first draft yielded 2 journeyman players who didn't see a 2nd contract and 3 players not worth crap out of 5 players drafted in the first 2 rounds
    Trading a 2010 first round pick to move up to get Alphonso Smith in the 2nd round of the 2009 draft in remains one of the worst draft moves I can recall -

BTW, that 2010 pick turned out to be Earl Thomas ...
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
    ― Oscar Wilde

Well at least he did not suck