Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Or at least if not two in the draft that they grab one of those later round guys that slips through as a priority FA. Too bad Sudfeld didn't pan out...he looked so promising last summer.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Should we start up another thread just for the draft on Thursday next week???

Also, should I merge APK's "TV out the window" thread here?
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Yes and no, respectively. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Agreed,
    Yes start a new thread just for the draft on Thursday.

No to the merge. It's not like we have a ton of threads these days.

Or at least if not two in the draft that they grab one of those later round guys that slips through as a priority FA. Too bad Sudfeld didn't pan out...he looked so promising last summer.
    Yeah they could use a couple TEs but there are plenty of needs and not a ton of picks. There will be some UDFA signings as well as some vets signings for depth after the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by hendersonsplow View Post
    Agreed,
    Yes start a new thread just for the draft on Thursday.

No to the merge. It's not like we have a ton of threads these days.
    Cool beans....and feel free to start the draft thread on Thurs...I'll sticky it.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Final Draft Crazy mock results:

1.29 Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
    3.77 Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina
    3.83 C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
    4.129 Dri Archer, RB/WR/RS, Kent State
    4.140 Jordan Zumwalt, LB, UCLA
    6.198 Ryan Carrethers, DT, Arkansas State
    6.206 James White, RB, Wisconsin
    7.244 Crockett Gillmore, TE, Colorado State
    7.245 Bene Benwikere, CB, San Jose State

UDFA's:

Tyler Russell, QB, Mississippi State
    Kenny Guiton, QB, Ohio State
    Gator Hoskins, TE/FB, Marshall
    Matt Armstrong, C, Grand Valley State
    Kenarious Gates, OL, Georgia
    Kaleb Ramsey, DL, Boston College
    Zach Moore, DE, Concordia-St. Paul
    Randell Johnson, LB, Florida Atlantic
    Lavelle Westbrooks, DB, Georgia Southern
    Nate Freese, K, Boston College
    pretty nice mock given that it was a forum mock. maybe not the order i would prefer but i like most the names.

couple things, i dont know who was available but i would have gone with a hback/move TE over gillmore. CJ and him have a similar skill set. same goes for archer and white, switch one for a big back. also my biggest issue with the mock is lack of oline help. depending on what happens @ SS, wendell is the worst starter on the team and needs to be upgraded.
    Last edited by Refuse To Lose; 05-03-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Yeah I mentioned in the DC forum for the mock that I was a little disappointed not to have come out of it with an interior OL or a QB, but I also won't reach ahead of my board to fill a need, either, and that's just not the way the board fell for me. I had a plan going in of taking an H-back type of guy with a late pick, but when Gillmore fell to me he was just too much value to pass up, and I knew there were enough move guys left that I could get one as a UDFA (Hoskins is a terrific receiver).

Also, a quirk of the mock that hamstrung me as far as targeting OL is that you're not allowed to make more than two trades. So ideally when Swanson fell into the early 4th I'd've moved up there to get him, but I had already used my trade allotment trading down from 62 to stockpile the extra picks from SF, and then trading up from 93 to ensure I got CJF (my target if I'd stayed at 93 and CJF was off the board would've been Dakota Dozier, who ended up going one pick before, at which point I'd've just taken Swanson at 93). I would've taken Matt Patchan with the 2nd 6th rounder, and I almost took him with the earlier one knowing that I'd be targeting Ramsey in UDFA, but I had Carrethers rated higher, and then Patchan went in between. Chris Watt was another guy I'd've targeted in a trade if the circumstances had allowed it but all I could do was hope he fell to 198 but he went about 20 picks before that.

I don't really see White and Archer as redundant because White is a MUCH more polished and complete back than Dri is. Dri will be a menace on ST's and on a limited # of offensive plays, but White is a guy who I'd feel much more comfortable as part of the regular RB rotation because he can run inside and out, catches the ball well, and isn't going to get Brady killed with his blocking like Dri would. Really underrated player, again just felt he was too much value to pass up, especially with every other RB on the roster scheduled to hit FA next year. However, I'd agree you could easily say I should've taken Andre Williams in the 4th and Tyler Starr in the 6th instead of Zumwalt and White, and I can't really offer much of an argument against it.

Wendell has his pecadilloes, but at least he's durable and mostly reliable. I felt like shoring up the TE spot and DE rotation were the top priorities. Not to mention a lot of my original plan was kind of pushed back by Pryor unexpectedly dropping to me at 29.
    Last edited by Underdog; 05-05-2014 at 01:12 PM.

I should also note I'm not particularly high on either Martin or Richburg, though even if I were the former went a few picks before our original 2nd, and the latter a few picks before the 3rd I traded down to. The board just really conspired against me doing anything for the interior OL.

Link to the full draft here for anyone who's interested:
    http://forums.kffl.com/threads/31093...lection-Thread

People don't say pecadilloes enough

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bodine is the first C off the board.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

"Relax about the draft. Just let ME worry about it. OK?"

(whats that hoodie say?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    People don't say pecadilloes enough

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bodine is the first C off the board.
    Top 5 word, for sure.

Interesting take on Jethro...I think he's better suited at G...call it one of my pecadilloes , and maybe it can be fixed with coaching, but at this point I find his snapping deficient for a team that operates out of the shotgun as much as the Pats do. I'd like him at RG, though.

Top 5 word, for sure.

Interesting take on Jethro...I think he's better suited at G...call it one of my pecadilloes , and maybe it can be fixed with coaching, but at this point I find his snapping deficient for a team that operates out of the shotgun as much as the Pats do. I'd like him at RG, though.
    That's fair. I like his combination of athleticism and strength, but don't know a ton about how well he snaps admittedly.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678