Thumbs up Bostic moving to WLB?

Since Bostic was SO ineffective at mike last year, I (and others) have suggested that his best position may be on the outside. I recently expressed hope that he could take over for Lance Briggs when he moves on. Sounds like my wish may be coming true.

But if that happens, it ratchets up the urgency to get a MLB as we don't have a backup there... Unless you're a Jerry Franklin fan.
    Last edited by Mikefive; 03-28-2014 at 11:47 PM.
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

Briggs still isn't healthy?

Yikes. Draft Mosely, cut Briggs, and save 5M.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikefive View Post
    But if that happens, it ratchets up the urgency to get a MLB as we don't have a backup there... Unless you're a Jerry Franklin fan.
    Karhu's boy Pat Angerer is available.

This is REALLY not good news for Khaseem Greene, unless he is OK with being a career backup. Where else would he play?
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

I think this is just Mully speculating. PE said ~ "Maybe some day, on the outside" and Mully is extrapolating taht to "Waybe this year, weak side, given Briggs is still hurt."

I think we've got 3 young LBs now: Bostic, Greene, and McClellin. I think this offseason is critical for all 3 of them to figure out if the team thinks they have short and/or long term starter potential, and at what position. I've seen some good, some bad, and some ugly from all 3. I am not ready to either declare any of them heir apparents at any position. Nor am I ready to count any of them out. The best thing taht could happen is all 3 fall naturally into 3 LB positions (pick a spot) and they form our LB core for the next 5-8 years. Fat chance of that, but I can hope,

This is REALLY not good news for Khaseem Greene, unless he is OK with being a career backup. Where else would he play?
    Isn't this only going to be Greene's third year of playing LB? I know that's still a lot, but I thought he had the deer in headlights early, but settled down. Gotta remember too, CHI's LB coach was garbage last year.

Quote Originally Posted by TBATB54 View Post
    Isn't this only going to be Greene's third year of playing LB? I know that's still a lot, but I thought he had the deer in headlights early, but settled down. Gotta remember too, CHI's LB coach was garbage last year.
    ….and both rookies were playing in front to a D line that was straight from the scrap heap for the most part. I don’t think that either of them looked good, but in their defense they were thrown into what was probably the worst situation that I could imagine for a rookie LB.

Quote Originally Posted by TBATB54 View Post
    Yes, he played safety for the beginning of his Rutgers career. He moved to OLB in 2011, and was Big East DPOY his last 2 seasons.
    Last edited by brantcruz50; 03-29-2014 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Fact checked

McLovin to MLB there I said it:)

Looks like Bostic will be playing all the LB spots.
    BEAR DOWN..................... AND WHILE YOU'RE DOWN THERE.....

Strongside. He's a good blitzer already, and he's got all the physical tools to be excellent in coverage. A little coaching and continuity, and he'll at least have an honest shot, but that's where I think he can excel.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. Thereís a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if weíre not better it isnít because there arenít plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

If Greene can't make it here, there is always a market for him in New England and "Rutgers North" especially now that Schiano is part of the staff (offically or unofficially).

Not sure if strong side is where he lands, but I still think he'll be a plus starter in the NFL eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    Looks like Bostic will be playing all the LB spots.
    Simultaneously?
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Simultaneously?
    he's just. that. good.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."