Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: world cup chat

Germany was the best team in the tourney, even if they weren't today, but Argentina blew too many opportunities, and seemingly fell asleep at the worst possible moment.

I'm sure Messi will get a bulk of the blame, but he had four goals, the rest of his team had three combined. Higuaín, Palacio, and Agüero were pretty much worthless. Not sure why they kept going away from Lavezzi.

Argentina badly outplayed them today...but again, that was like watching an nba game. aka a complete waste of time.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Germany was the better team through the tournament, but crap Argentina had it. I don't get how Messi didn't score in that opportunity he had in front of Neuer. Palacios also had a huge opportunity and just wasted it.

Sad for Messi and Mascherano... Really wanted them to win this. Messi will likely have another chance in 4 years, but this tournament is hard to win and they got to the final and had the chances to win it.

Damn... Argentina really missed the "fideo" Di Maria. Between him and Messi were the only players in Argentina that consistently created danger. Higuain is basically a poacher who wastes far too many opportunities, and Aguero was basically useless during the tournament.

It's good to see a Champion that plays offensive quality football.

Well that was awful.......
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Disappointed that Messi won Golden Ball. I didn't think he was one of the top 5 players in he tourney much less the best.
    Cherish your children for who they are, not who you'd like them to be.

I would have given the Golden Ball to Neuer but he already got an award.

Rodriguez and Robben would probably the two I would consider.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Yep, Rodriguez and Robben were the top two candidates for me too.

Does anyone know who got the young player award?

Paul Pogba.
    Cherish your children for who they are, not who you'd like them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    how does the goalie doing a flying knee to the face get him the ball?
    It was a loose ball. Lots of misconception that soccer isn't a contact sport. It is and these guys get hit hard at times.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233