Common theme across the DL additions

Phil Emery has a common theme across all/most of his DL additions: non-stop motors (effort) and games played (limited injury histories). Has anyone noticed this?

Houston has never missed a game. Jared Allen hasn't missed a game in years, if ever. I'm not sure about Young or Izzy but don't recall the latter missing many. Additionally all of these guys are branded as being relentless defenders. We all know Peppers would vanish for stretches of games. I always thought Wootten played hard but I wonder if there was something on tape that stood out. Conversely, it very well could be the hip that scared the team away.

I just found the common thread here to be interesting. Let's just hope I didn't jinx anyone.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Coach View Post
    Phil Emery has a common theme across all/most of his DL additions: non-stop motors (effort) and games played (limited injury histories). Has anyone noticed this?

Houston has never missed a game. Jared Allen hasn't missed a game in years, if ever. I'm not sure about Young or Izzy but don't recall the latter missing many. Additionally all of these guys are branded as being relentless defenders. We all know Peppers would vanish for stretches of games. I always thought Wootten played hard but I wonder if there was something on tape that stood out. Conversely, it very well could be the hip that scared the team away.

I just found the common thread here to be interesting. Let's just hope I didn't jinx anyone.
    Young has had a decent amount of injury history with the Lions. That signing is based upon the upward momentum he has in his career right now. He is 28 and just coming into his prime. But point well taken....non-stop motors....lets get Aaron Donald as he seems to fit the bill.

And something else that everyone else will likely eat up: scheme versatility.

Emery specifically mentioned wanting to after guys that were hungry.

I think Allen has only missed 2 games in his entire career. For a guy who plays a ton of snaps I find that impressive.
    A man like Emery doesn't need a search firm. He is the search firm. - Jon Greenberg.

I was watching some highlights of Lamarr Houston last night (because I'm a complete loser, but that's a subject for another time), but I swear to Moses I had the exact same thought. I was thinking man we have two dudes that are gonna bring it full speed-Derrick Thomas-style every time.

I have to admit, I don't know much how Willie Young plays.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    I was watching some highlights of Lamarr Houston last night (because I'm a complete loser, but that's a subject for another time), but I swear to Moses I had the exact same thought. I was thinking man we have two dudes that are gonna bring it full speed-Derrick Thomas-style every time.

I have to admit, I don't know much how Willie Young plays.
    He's got a reputation for playing balls-out, sometimes to a fault.

Just trust me on that. Whatever you do, don't confirm it by googling "young, Willie balls out".
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. Thereís a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if weíre not better it isnít because there arenít plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

Quote Originally Posted by karhu View Post
    He's got a reputation for playing balls-out, sometimes to a fault.

Just trust me on that. Whatever you do, don't confirm it by googling "young, Willie balls out".
    Haha.

I also think that it was against young that Kyle Long got that unnecessary roughness penalty after a chop block. But also stay away from Googling "Young shafted by Long"

You could make an argument that that was McLovin's calling card when Emery drafted him as well. (Meaning that Emery may have a demonstrable and continuing attribute that he's been looking for, not that these signings will fail.)