Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Lombardi View Post
    The fact that the leadership over there were so quick to denounce & stop this shows that it's a big issue...
    Is it a "big issue" because it really is a big issue...

... or is it a "big issue" because the optics on it are terrible?
    Although it is said that our faith concerns matters which are obscure, the reasons for embracing the faith are not obscure but on the contrary are clearer than any natural light.
    -Descartes

Personally, I prefer my home to be warmed with incinerated humans. It's much cheaper than gas.
    Last edited by Rambulance; 03-25-2014 at 04:42 PM.
    "Loyalty to any one sports team is pretty hard to justify, because the players are always changing; the team could move to another city. You're actually rooting for the clothes when you get right down to it." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Gmaniac View Post
    When it comes to the larger question of abortion with all of the ethical and moral concerns that surround the issue... this article registers a 'meh' reaction from me. Once the "things" die (or whatever)... they have to be disposed of in some way.

That being said: it seems very wrong not to at least ask grieving parents of stillborn or miscarried babies if they would like to dispose of the remain in whatever fashion they best see fit. The potential parents should have some rights there.
    I agree with Gmaniac on all counts. The optics and headlines (see Vin's thread title) make for interesting and titlating sound bites though.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

I think it reads like something out of a dystopian novel, and shows how desensitized people are getting to even consider doing such a thing. Hell, when I die I'll just be a lump of flesh / giant bundle of cells, but I'd like my body to be treated respectfully even though technically it wouldn't make a difference one way or the other.

The fact that the leadership over there were so quick to denounce & stop this shows that it's a big issue, and I'm kind of surprised at the reactions here.
    Know what a big issue is? The 150K+ innocent people killed in Syria
    Fear is the mind killer

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    Seems like a pretty dumb thing to do from a PR perspective but ultimately I'm not sure why else it is much of a big deal.
    Burning of the flesh is pagan in practice.

And this is horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguilas verdes View Post

And this is horrific.
    The God of the Jews looked favorably upon flesh offerings burnt to him.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

I think it reads like something out of a dystopian novel, and shows how desensitized people are getting to even consider doing such a thing. Hell, when I die I'll just be a lump of flesh / giant bundle of cells, but I'd like my body to be treated respectfully even though technically it wouldn't make a difference one way or the other.

The fact that the leadership over there were so quick to denounce & stop this shows that it's a big issue, and I'm kind of surprised at the reactions here.
    Are you trying to go for a Jonathan Swift A Modest Proposal vibe? I just don't think it's in the same category.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Aguilas verdes View Post

And this is horrific.
    It depends on the dry rub.

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    It depends on the dry rub.
    A fish rub with poppy, lemon, clove, onion, butter, salt&pepper? That's holy.

Pork rubs are pagan.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmaniac View Post
    When it comes to the larger question of abortion with all of the ethical and moral concerns that surround the issue... this article registers a 'meh' reaction from me. Once the "things" die (or whatever)... they have to be disposed of in some way.

That being said: it seems very wrong not to at least ask grieving parents of stillborn or miscarried babies if they would like to dispose of the remain in whatever fashion they best see fit. The potential parents should have some rights there.

Agreed on all counts...
    Al Michaels: "That's the loudest manure chant I have ever heared!"

Sleeping barely above the sea... and walking under water

Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    A fish rub with poppy, lemon, clove, onion, butter, salt&pepper? That's holy.

Pork rubs are pagan.
    What you say is so true.

-Gandhi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12