Young Wr's on this roster now...

One intriguing player that the Eagles have on their roster that nobody has talked about is BJ Cunningham. The dude was Mich States all time leading WR. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZRnpk5RIEY To me he looks like a slightly faster Jason Avant. He could claim that 4th WR spot.

Ifeanyi Momah Is that Huge big bodies 6'7 WR that was so raw last year, but perhaps all the coaching he received will make him that much more ready this year to compete. We will see but he sure has the measurables. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lZRTqpFlMU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqNVYva1yGA

Maehl, Jeff showed some skill for us in limited action last year. He never had a chance to compete as we got him right before the season started. He was phenomenal in Chips offense at Oregon, perhaps a full preseason with Chip will net us our Slot WR. I personally was a huge fan of Maehls when we got him, and I think this guy is one to watch for.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx-U9Vo__LQ

Obviously if we trade Djax that leaves us with Maclin and Cooper as starters....so that leaves 3 or 4 Wr positions up for grabs. I definitely think Maehl ends up with one of them...I like the chances of these other 2 big bodied Wr's to have a chance for 1 of those remaining positions along with the guy we draft....thoughts?

At one point early last season, I thought Maehl might overtake Cooper as a starter. Cooper had a lot better chemistry with Foles as QB than he did with Vick. That said, Maehl probably doesn't have the physical talent to be much of a factor. I still think Benn could be a factor. They obviously liked his skill set enough to trade for him last year.
    Last edited by iggles nut; 03-23-2014 at 11:45 PM.

I think Maehl has an opportunity to provide what Jason Avant provided last year. I liked what I saw from him.

Really hoping to see something from Benn this year.
    Chip is the man!

Maehl is probably the only one of those players who will contribute next year.

We have Maclin coming off an ACL and Riley Cooper. Nothing else imo. We definitely gotta add a couple WRs. Doesnt have to include a 1st rounder but I think you gotta get one by the 3rd round plus a decent vet. At the very least.

Luckily we have a couple of RBs who are excellent pass catchers and some TEs but we gotta add to the WR mix. No doubt about it.

Id love to add a vet WR (maybe in trade for Desean), WR B.Ellington in the draft (3rd rd) and another guy in maybe the 5th if we even have a 5th.

Jacoby Ford is a really poor man's DeSean Jackson. He may be worth a look. Darius Heyward-Bey has shown flashes but been horribly inconsistent. Most of the other guys out there are older vets/injured guys like Miles Austin.

Chip will be drafting a WR who unlike his predecessor wants big WR's. DJax is not big so I can easily see him being traded but not for a 3rd as has been reported.
    "It was the balls fault" Raid 2010
    The 14 year reign of mismanagement is over, hope runs rampant once again.

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    We have Maclin coming off an ACL and Riley Cooper. Nothing else imo. We definitely gotta add a couple WRs. Doesnt have to include a 1st rounder but I think you gotta get one by the 3rd round plus a decent vet. At the very least.

Luckily we have a couple of RBs who are excellent pass catchers and some TEs but we gotta add to the WR mix. No doubt about it.

Id love to add a vet WR (maybe in trade for Desean), WR B.Ellington in the draft (3rd rd) and another guy in maybe the 5th if we even have a 5th.
    Ellington is a midget no thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    We have Maclin coming off an ACL and Riley Cooper. Nothing else imo.
    Sproles. They didn't bring him here to be a RB

Quote Originally Posted by pigster_II View Post
    Have you ever, even once, seen Sproles running deep down the middle of the field?

The correct answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by pigster_II View Post
    He is gonna be mostly catching passes. So, I guess in a way you could categorize him as a WR. But he certainly isnt an outside guy. Thats where we are short on players. Plus we could use another true WR that can play slot at times.