Facebook CEO slams Obama on internet privacy- The Onion?

Serious issue, not an onion article.

Facebook has all this information because it has found ingenious ways to collect data as people socialize. Users fill out profiles with their age, gender, and e-mail address; some people also give additional details, such as their relationship status and mobile-phone number. A redesign last fall introduced profile pages in the form of time lines that invite people to add historical information such as places they have lived and worked. Messages and photos shared on the site are often tagged with a precise location, and in the last two years Facebook has begun to track activity elsewhere on the Internet, using an addictive invention called the “Like” button. It appears on apps and websites outside Facebook and allows people to indicate with a click that they are interested in a brand, product, or piece of digital content. Since last fall, Facebook has also been able to collect data on users’ online lives beyond its borders automatically: in certain apps or websites, when users listen to a song or read a news article, the information is passed along to Facebook, even if no one clicks “Like.” Within the feature’s first five months, Facebook catalogued more than five billion instances of people listening to songs online. Combine that kind of information with a map of the social connections Facebook’s users make on the site, and you have an incredibly rich record of their lives and interactions.

“This is the first time the world has seen this scale and quality of data about human communication,” Marlow says with a characteristically serious gaze before breaking into a smile at the thought of what he can do with the data. For one thing, Marlow is confident that exploring this resource will revolutionize the scientific understanding of why people behave as they do. His team can also help Facebook influence our social behavior for its own benefit and that of its advertisers. This work may even help Facebook invent entirely new ways to make money.
    Here's the Zuckerberg slam article.

Sorry, have to leave again.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-the-internet/
    Last edited by RayClay; 03-23-2014 at 07:18 PM.
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

There's a little issue about voluntary vs involuntary...
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Ahh, where's the Obama slam? This just sounds like an article on people (faceboook users) who seem to be gleefully and voluntarily allowing others (a whole lotta others in fact) to delve far too deeply into their lives both from a past and present perspective.
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Facebook CEO slams Obama on internet privacy
    Zuckerberg must be racist.
    “Here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Grimes View Post
    Zuckerberg must be racist.
    I laughed.

"Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg apparently called President Obama directly to complain about NSA and how it spies on ordinary Americans. That's right, the guy who runs Facebook got mad at the NSA for spying on people. Talk about the pot unfriending the kettle!" –Jimmy Fallon

"Zuckerberg criticized the NSA and called the government a threat to the Internet. Then he went back to running a website where you list everyone you've ever met, every place you've been, every place you're going, what you had eat, your ex-girlfriends and your ex-boyfriends, which bands you like…" –Jimmy Fallon
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    "Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg apparently called President Obama directly to complain about NSA and how it spies on ordinary Americans. That's right, the guy who runs Facebook got mad at the NSA for spying on people. Talk about the pot unfriending the kettle!" –Jimmy Fallon

"Zuckerberg criticized the NSA and called the government a threat to the Internet. Then he went back to running a website where you list everyone you've ever met, every place you've been, every place you're going, what you had eat, your ex-girlfriends and your ex-boyfriends, which bands you like…" –Jimmy Fallon
    Thanks, that was the general idea, if I could have assembled the articles and a comment. Although it's true people voluntarily, (but likely unknowingly) give Zuckerberg enough information to probably stalk you, as well as sell you, I don't remember signing any release. I'm sure there's a disclaimer somewhere.

Also, as a comparison, Zuckerberg doesn't have any defense or military intelligence responsibilities.
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Democrat playbook on scandals:
    Day 1 - Refuse to answer any questions
    Day 2 - Refuse to answer any questions
    Day 3 - Announce that everything has been answered, its time to "move forward", and state that no further questions on the subject will be answered.
    Day 4 - Call it a "phony scandal" and highlight the fact that it never really happened.
    Day 5 - Accuse Republicans of trying to resurrect a phony scandal, and ask what difference at this point does it make?
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc