Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    57,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunchuckz View Post
    CT is the Insurance State and is despised by all those around it.
    Not anymore. Now it's Iowa.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    57,963
    Quote Originally Posted by karhu View Post
    Yeah, that was weird.

    On the other hand, your post has to be wrong, since Malloy's got a D next to his name and his predecessor (shudder) had an R next to hers. Give it another shot.
    Rell was a liberal who ran under the R tag. Her policies were just as liberal. Just a horrible Gov. Completely incompetent.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    57,963
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    Ray sums it up pretty well. Connecticut is a small state nestled between one massive economy and one large one. It has been dominated by those economies for decades. Much like the rest of the Northeast they have seen population declines for the past couple of decades in large part because the cost of living in this region, particularly housing prices, is extremely high.

    I've read the same rants about New Jersey, Mass, and New York before. They all ignore the obvious because they are going for a political point.
    CT would be a barren wasteland without the wall st bankers and hedge fund managers living there. That's how those towns in the southwest corner get those propped up numbers.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hoboken NJ
    Posts
    57,195
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    CT would be a barren wasteland without the wall st bankers and hedge fund managers living there. That's how those towns in the southwest corner get those propped up numbers.
    And the Dakotas would be barren wastelands if it weren't for their natural resources. Whatcher point?
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    57,963
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    And the Dakotas would be barren wastelands if it weren't for their natural resources. Whatcher point?
    The point is its far too reliant on NY when most of the state doesn't reach that area.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Just south of Methland
    Posts
    20,549
    Um, those Fairfield County types who work in Manhattan don't contribute much state income tax at all to Connecticut. A more progressive taxation scheme would help the state a lot.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

    We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. Thereís a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if weíre not better it isnít because there arenít plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    57,963
    Quote Originally Posted by karhu View Post
    Um, those Fairfield County types who work in Manhattan don't contribute much state income tax at all to Connecticut. A more progressive taxation scheme would help the state a lot.
    I was refferring more to them vastly increasing the avg wage, home values ect. without NYC few people could afford the housing in Fairfield county. And yes I agree there is some cause and effect for them being built to start with.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.