Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    While Calvin is the Lions offense and he still can't be stopped, no one defender, no two defenders, no scheme.

Also Megatron can take a hit, you get a solid hit on Moss, he can be neutralized.
    Last edited by Snake Eyes; 03-18-2014 at 05:53 PM.
    Pythagoras circa 500 B.C...
    "Evolution is the law of Life, Number is the law of the universe, Unity is the law of God."

Welcome back, LeBron!

For me, its too soon for Megatron, just like with AP and the Mount Rushmore of RBs.

I probably should have included Megatron over Irvin, and undoubtedly Johnson will deserve to be on Mt. Receive-more in short order.

One reason why I included AP on RB-Rushmore, but not Johnson on the Receive-more, is that AP started his career a little faster which is not unusual as it usually takes WR's a little longer to make an impact.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Quote Originally Posted by rjohmit View Post
    For me, its too soon for Megatron, just like with AP and the Mount Rushmore of RBs.
    Not really, the man will have 10,000 yards receiving this year to go with his 66 TDs
    Pythagoras circa 500 B.C...
    "Evolution is the law of Life, Number is the law of the universe, Unity is the law of God."

Welcome back, LeBron!

Somewhat interesting note for the discussion. I'm in the middle of reading Nate Jackson's Slow Getting Up. Jackson was a fringe WR/TE hybrid who played for the Bronco's about ten years ago. It's an amusing, light read with a bunch of interesting anecdotes from the perspective of a player struggling to make the roster every year. He spent a lot of time on the PS and one week was tasked with imitating Randy Moss for the defense. One of the things he noted while watching film was that Moss was very aware of his reputation for loafing on plays were he wasn't getting the ball, and would sometimes turn it to his advantage by taking a couple half assed steps, half heartedly attempting to throw a block or pick, and then just turning on the jets and blowing by the CB.

Anyway, just thought it would fit here. That said, my Rushmore would have to be:

Hutson
    Rice
    Berry
    Largent
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    I probably should have included Megatron over Irvin, and undoubtedly Johnson will deserve to be on Mt. Receive-more in short order.

One reason why I included AP on RB-Rushmore, but not Johnson on the Receive-more, is that AP started his career a little faster which is not unusual as it usually takes WR's a little longer to make an impact.
    I mean, 1300 yards, 17 ypc and 12 TDs in year 2 isn't that slow of a start
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    Not really, the man will have 10,000 yards receiving this year to go with his 66 TDs
    For you, maybe it's not...For me, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    But Nas...if he wasn't bigger, faster and stronger than the people he was playing against he wouldn't dominate.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    But year 1 was 48 catches, 756 yards, 4 TDs at 15.8 ypc.
    Year 3 was 67 rec, 984 yards, 5 TDs, and 14.7 ypc.

Neither is a bad year, and the dude is completely awesome. But AP started off more quickly (1341, 1760 and 1383 and 41 total TDS in his first three years), which against isn't surprising given that he is a RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    But Nas...if he wasn't bigger, faster and stronger than the people he was playing against he wouldn't dominate.
    This is true. Of course he is, and he plays an era of extreme talent level. Whereas a lot of older players played against crap relatively speaking.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234