Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm cool with Martin to Miami. It isn't sexy, but your QB taking all those sacks and hits is even less sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    I don't see that taking Clowney off the Falcons board, although, it certainly makes them less likely to trade up for him.
    I can't imagine for the life of me why Clowney, one of if not the most athletic pass rushing talent we've ever seen, could not play and excel in a 3-4. Someone is going to have to explain that one to me. Is he less of a fit in a 3-4 than Suggs,Ware,M.Williams,Aldon Smith etc.? What are those guys doing on NFL fields that he isn't capable of?

Its one of the more ridiculous things I've heard. If anything, he's arguably MORE suited for a 3-4, as you can take advantage of that athleticism even more by dropping him in coverage here and there.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    I'm cool with Martin to Miami. It isn't sexy, but your QB taking all those sacks and hits is even less sexy.
    Yah, Martin is going to be rock solid as a RT or G. Nothing wrong with that.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    The only major issue I have with this is that if there is a QB worth taking at 4, the Browns better do it and not trade him.
    If the Browns think there is a franchise QB at 4, then they should take them, unless of course, they are fairly certain they can get their target later. Alternatively, they could take Bortles, or whoever @4, then trade then to the Vikes, Titans, etc., for Carr, if they really want him. Just because team X thinks a prospect is a franchise QB, doesn't mean another team will too. Or, they may, but like another prospect more.

I have no idea if the Browns really like Carr. For all we know, he may not even be on their final draft board, and they really want Bridgewater, if the Texans don't, and they'll trade up to get him.

My only point was there are plenty of realistic trade up scenarios in this draft class.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    If the Browns think there is a franchise QB at 4, then they should take them, unless of course, they are fairly certain they can get their target later. Alternatively, they could take Bortles, or whoever @4, then trade then to the Vikes, Titans, etc., for Carr, if they really want him. Just because team X thinks a prospect is a franchise QB, doesn't mean another team will too. Or, they may, but like another prospect more.

I have no idea if the Browns really like Carr. For all we know, he may not even be on their final draft board, and they really want Bridgewater, if the Texans don't, and they'll trade up to get him.

My only point was there are plenty of realistic trade up scenarios in this draft class.
    I'm just saying, you don't see QB needy teams in the top 5 trading away QBs very often, if ever.

My point about trading up was less about the players being worth trading up for and more about the value of the picks you'd be giving up in the 2nd,3rd and 4th rounds.

I'm just saying, you don't see QB needy teams in the top 5 trading away QBs very often, if ever.
    Michael Vick. Eli Manning. Mark Sanchez. RG3.

My point about trading up was less about the players being worth trading up for and more about the value of the picks you'd be giving up in the 2nd,3rd and 4th rounds.
    That's one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is the depth makes it easier to justify trading away a 2nd rounder because a team has a better chance of finding value in the 3rd or even 4th round.

I am not a fan of the Saints pick. I do like Moses a lot and think he will be a great pro but he is still too raw for the Saints to take. They already have a raw OT in Armstead. They need a player that can make more of an immediate impact in round 1. I think Fuller would be the better pick as they have Keenan Lewis but Patrick Robinson is returning from injury and Corey White is better as their nickel.

27. New Orleans – T Morgan Moses, Virginia – The Saints are working, but they are still pretty tight up against the cap, so I don’t see them making too many big free agency moves before the draft. There are still a couple holes that they have to address and a couple are on the offensive line. Moses is a nice prospect who should be able to play either left or right tackle, depending on how strong they feel about Terron Armstead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123