Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    Yep, and then a year later he came back and was one of the worst QBs in the NFL. Sometimes you have to know when to hang 'em up. Guys like Elway are rare.
    IIRC he was also pretty banged up and the rest of the team was too.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    "This isn't the game I grew up watching."

I don't knock the guy for walking away, but this is a BS statement. He's 26. Plenty of showboaters had come and gone by the time he had a clue what the NFL even was. Gimme a break, Mendenhall. I've been watching the NFL longer than you've been alive so don't act like this is no longer the "golden age" that got you interested many years ago.
    U MAD BRO??

I don't know, I think it's changed a fair bit with the advent of social media. Just in the last 5-8 years. Yes, it was high profile, but I think it's even more so now.

It's quite possible the culture has shifted too, but that's hard to know without being in the locker room.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknifer View Post
    I don't know, I think it's changed a fair bit with the advent of social media. Just in the last 5-8 years. Yes, it was high profile, but I think it's even more so now.

It's quite possible the culture has shifted too, but that's hard to know without being in the locker room.
    I'm not saying the game hasn't changed. I took exception to his notion that when he was growing up, players flipped the ball to the ref and went to the bench but now it's a bunch of show boaters. He grew up in the 90s so I call bs.
    U MAD BRO??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234