Saints are going to let go of Darren sproles: Any Chance we get him ?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arren-sproles/

Would love to get him...but he doesn't fit the mold to replace Bush.

Thoughts?

We already have one of the best receiving backs in the league, and that’s his main gig outside of returns. I like him, but I feel like he would be too expensive for a guy that we would have a more limited role for us. We would also still need to carry a legit back up in case Forte gets hurt, and it probably would need to be somebody more established than a guy like Ford. He is also getting old, and losing even half a step will significantly hamper his effectiveness. I would pass on him, but I might like to see us pick up a cheaper back up through the draft, or FA. Bush hasn’t lived up to the price tag, especially last year. To be fair, he hasn’t had a lot of chances to get into a groove, but that doesn’t change the fact that he is taking up more cap space than his production warrants.

Saints are going to let go of Darren sproles: Any Chance we get him ?

Sproles would be a perfect addition. Dump Cee-Lo (Bush) and add a later round RB or cheap FA.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

The Bears offense is very similar to the Saints, so i'd expect a smooth transition.

I am not sure how much Spoles has left on his wheels though.

I am in favor of getting rid of Bush either way.

I'm not in favor of adding any FA's this year to the offense.
    Cap space spending Offense: $76,013,550
    Cap space spending Defense: $44,023,780

Given that we're most likely going to jettison at least 10 million when we cut Peppers, that brings the spending disparity even more in focus. (Take Cutler out of the equation), We need to try to get the spending more in balance if we hope to compete. But not just spending for the sake of spending...wise spending on difference makers. (minus Cutler), our spending shouldn't be 1/3-2/3.

I like the idea of grabbing a DE and another DT via FA. If we grab one of the top Safeties then there goes my pipe dream of landing Pryor, but I'll take a given over a prospect. However, I don't look at Mitchell as that guy...he was last in the NFL for missed tackles over the last 2 years. Decent in coverage, but he Conte was better than he was at tackling: Perspective.
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

No thanks

As Anhur noted, we've got a very good pass-catching back who's bad at short yardage.
    No interest in paying good money for a great pass-catching back who's terrible at short yardage.
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

He might be a good, somewhat inexpensive ($2M?) pickup for a team in desperate need for a return man and offensive role player. But we're not that team.
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.