Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    15,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    Tampa needs to go back to the classics!



    The Bucs were the laughing stock of the entire league when they wore those, I doubt that they want to remember their first couple decades in the league.

    That being said, those would be better than this XFL-look that they're going to.
    "I rooted for the Russians in 1980 because they were the better team." - Twolvesguy

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The High Seas
    Posts
    37,550
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    Put on your glasses.
    It would take google glasses, so I just use my hearing aid.
    Gang Way!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hoboken NJ
    Posts
    57,197
    I agree about the font. That's hideous. I also don't like the orange football on the helmets. I think they would have looked better without the football.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    57,966
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    A slug, eh? I like most of the new uniforms, can't help it. Besides, it's not like teams like Seattle, Jacksonville and TB are moving away from uniforms with tons of tradition.

    Although I do strongly dislike Jacksonville's helmets. And I don't like the number font on TB.
    I might be the only person who does like those Jax helmets. Very nifty!
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Tied to the KFFL merry-go-round
    Posts
    24,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
    The winking pirate is lame.
    The winking pirate brought openly gay to the NFL long before Michael Sam was even a twinkle in his old man's homophobic eye...
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,414
    I like how they incorporated the orange from their original uniforms, though the shape of the leg stripe is werid. I *HATE* the numbers. And I love how they're calling it a "new" logo when they pretty much just made it bigger. Its too big now.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,414
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I might be the only person who does like those Jax helmets. Very nifty!
    They would be much better if the two colors were blended together better so you get more of a gradual, fading transition rather than such an abrupt color change.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    11,613
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I might be the only person who does like those Jax helmets. Very nifty!
    Holy crap!!! Q has a contrarian opinion on something...stop the presses!
    "Loyalty to any one sports team is pretty hard to justify, because the players are always changing; the team could move to another city. You're actually rooting for the clothes when you get right down to it." -- Jerry Seinfeld

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    3,301
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingFan2k2 View Post
    The Bucs were the laughing stock of the entire league when they wore those, I doubt that they want to remember their first couple decades in the league.

    That being said, those would be better than this XFL-look that they're going to.
    They were a laughingstock because they were managed like crap, not because they wore orange. Put the Sapp/Lynch/Brooks/Barber Bucs in those unis, and people would call them classics.

    Honestly, the new jerseys could have been fine. The flag logo should be smaller (about halfway between the old and new ones), the number font should be anything else (hell, I'd take Braille. That'd be kind of cool, actually, for a one-off uniform) and the nameplate should be regular block text, the pants stripes should go up the entire pants leg, the socks should be a different color from the pants, and the road jersey should be orange with red accents, instead of the other way around. Those changes would result in a really nice set, rather than what they have, which is vastly inferior to even the creamsicles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.