Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    Why do you think God doesn't like it?
    The fact that it one of the Ten Commandments gave me a hint....
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

I covet Sey's wife.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Η ζωή ενός σκλάβου είναι όλοι καταλαβαίνετε, δεν ξέρεις τίποτα από την ελευθερία. Γιατί αν το κάνατε, θα μας ενθάρρυνε να πολεμήσουν, όχι μόνο με το δόρυ μας, αλλά και με ό, τι έχουμε.

I didn't say that.
    You asked Sey why he thinks God would not approve of adultery/cheating. The only way I can think of to get to where that might be in question is to think that 'thou shalt not covet...' is just a bunch of words and doesn't really hold meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    You asked Sey why he thinks God would not approve of adultery/cheating. The only way I can think of to get to where that might be in question is to think that 'thou shalt not covet...' is just a bunch of words and doesn't really hold meaning.
    I was after God's definition for it.

Also, the adultery one is the 7th commandment. Not coveting your neighbors things is the 10th.

WTF?

No we haven't exceeded it. But to carry on your silly train of thought, when was it balanced? Which person in which year unbalanced it?
    Wow, you're like arguing with a belligerent 3 year old. Condescension and ignorance is a tough pill you're trying to make me swallow here.

I offer tangible proof of why humanity has exceeded its balance with the planet and you counter with, "no we haven't exceeded it....."

Pretty pathetic.

But I'll state my case again. Dwindling water supply (see the Ogallala Aquifer in the plains/Midwest region - About 20 years left, after that OUR agricultural basin will be gone. Droughts hitting agricultural basins all over the world (see Australia and the San Joaquin Valley). As APF pointed out, our diminishing fish stocks from over-fishing couple with our polluting of the ocean and rivers....

The facts are in, Bro-ham, and its proof positive that we have exceeded the healthy balance with the earth.

But to answer your question, when did we exceed the balance? It is believed by some that the healthy balance of humans on this planet is right around 2 billion people. 2 billion was the population on this planet prior to the industrial/petroleum age. But that was then....

With the advent of new technologies, I'm certain the balance has changed and only science will know when we strike that healthy level once again.

Which person unbalanced it? Shut the f*** up, A-hole.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

So we're living wrong. Not that there are too many of us. Glad we cleared that up. Sounds religiony.
    Oh so we can change...is that your dumbass argument. Not much thought goes into your posts, does it?

Do you have any clue what's going on on this planet? In this country?

Deregulation is the big kick now....Ronal Reagan is a f***ing Saint....and Corporations are f***ing people.....

Does that sound like a planet of people who are going to change their behaviors and stop polluting?

Pull your head out of your ass and STFU. You've got a lot to learn.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

That was funny. Especially your "only God will know line."

I didn't say we can change. I said you think that you know what that change should be. I said that sounds religiony. Get out in your town square and go get some followers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    I covet Sey's wife.
    Even though she doesn't put out before marriage?
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeyMonsta View Post
    That person would not be my partner.

I find adultery/cheating disgusting and a sin.
    A reasonable stance. Not the ONLY reasonable stance, nor the stance I take. But a reasonable one even so.

Well, it's reasonable except for the obeying God as if He actually exists part. Your former views were correct about that part. ;)
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112