Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nate Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    From what I saw Pryor does not wrap up well, that is true, but he leads with his shoulder, not helmet.
    I agree he leads with his shoulder, but oftentimes when you launch like he does and the other player braces and helmet to helmet happens. My bigger worry with him is more about the defenseless receiver penalties though ... the refs seem to call that more often when they see the bigger impacts which Pryor quite often delivers. Pryor has to learn better use of arms in those situations to avoid penalties. If he just missile launches like he does in college he'll draw more penalties at the NFL level.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey View Post
    I agree he leads with his shoulder, but oftentimes when you launch like he does and the other player braces and helmet to helmet happens. My bigger worry with him is more about the defenseless receiver penalties though ... the refs seem to call that more often when they see the bigger impacts which Pryor quite often delivers. Pryor has to learn better use of arms in those situations to avoid penalties. If he just missile launches like he does in college he'll draw more penalties at the NFL level.
    Personally, I think Goodell and the refs need to learn this is football and stop being fricking wussies(replace w with another letter) with the stupid penalties. It's the defender's job to separate the receiver from the football.

Quote Originally Posted by iggles nut View Post
    personally, i think goodell and the refs need to learn this is football and stop being fricking wussies(replace w with another letter) with the stupid penalties. It's the defender's job to separate the receiver from the football.
    post of the frickin year right there brother!!! Amen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rey View Post
    Here's a guy to keep an eye on in Rd 2 or possibly even 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C-Iaa_uusU

Don't let the 5'8" stature fool you, he's 185 lbs of dynamite ... can play both CB and Safety.
    Without even opening it I know your talking about my Florida State Sleeper....Problem is Chip doesn't like them little dudes.

I like Deone Buchanon the more I look at him. He ran a surprising 4.49 40 at the combine and is likely going to be a second rounder now, maybe before our pick again though.

Like Bucannon as well, if we can't the top 2 guys, but I'd want them to sign 2 FA safeties anyway, and let Bucannon learn.

While I do think they will sing at least one FA Safety, it is one of those positions where you can get an impact player later in the first or second round.

As I suspected all along. Either FA or the 1st, 2nd round pick.
    [I]"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ___ Samuel Adams "Father of the American Revolution"

"Originally Posted by JackBauer"
    I'm still waiting to see the Democrats running on a platform of reduced federal spending.

Most of the free agent safeties I was looking at were more FS types so I wasn't particularly interested in re-signing Allen. IF they signed TJ Ward to play SS, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Allen on a cheap deal and letting him compete with Wolff and a draft pick at FS.

BEst news this off season ...so far anyway, is that Nate Allen has not been re-signed. GO GET BYRD!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123