WTF? Isn't it FRIDAY?!?

Jim must be getting gay married somewhere.

Tonight: Had tickets to Godspell, but Ms. Monkey has been working like crazy and wanted a night at home. I made cappelini with peppers and shrimp in a white wine sauce and we watched the Americans.

Saturday: Ms. Monkey has a 5k with one of the dogs in the morning. She's going to rush home and clean up and then go back down there to let our other dog socialize a bit. Then they go to daycare while we watch the other five Oscar nominees for Best Picture. At some point I need to make a big pot of gumbo for Sunday.

Sunday: Church. Mardi Gras party. There's supposed to be a parade, but it might snow, so we'll probably just hang out and eat warm gumbo and drink. Probably watch the Oscars at night.
    "And if there is nothing that can so hide the face of our fellow-man as morality can, religion can hide from us as nothing else can the face of God." -- Martin Buber

"You do not like religion; we started from that assumption. But in conducting an honest battle against it, which is not completely without effort, you do not want to have fought against a shadow like the one with which we have struggled." -- Friedrich Schleiermacher

Sorry, I forgot. It's been a less than stellar week and most of the weekend isn't going to improve it. My brother-in-law's cousin died this week, and I'll be at her wake tomorrow and Sunday. She was only a few years older than I am.
    “There are two laws of the universe: the law of gravity and everybody likes Italian food.”—Neil Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NYC View Post
    Sorry, I forgot. It's been a less than stellar week and most of the weekend isn't going to improve it. My brother-in-law's cousin died this week, and I'll be at her wake tomorrow and Sunday. She was only a few years older than I am.
    Sorry to hear that, Jim. Blessings to your family.
    "And if there is nothing that can so hide the face of our fellow-man as morality can, religion can hide from us as nothing else can the face of God." -- Martin Buber

"You do not like religion; we started from that assumption. But in conducting an honest battle against it, which is not completely without effort, you do not want to have fought against a shadow like the one with which we have struggled." -- Friedrich Schleiermacher

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pink Monkey View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Jim. Blessings to your family.
    Amen.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

His family, not mine, but thanks.
    “There are two laws of the universe: the law of gravity and everybody likes Italian food.”—Neil Simon