Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coming soon - Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter

Hyped gives it a 9.36725
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Spoiler alert.....

he dies in the end.
    Ooh thanks. Just like the time someone ruined Titanic for me.

I hear the book is better.

Anyway, isn't this just a prequel to the musical Book of Mormon?
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Hyped gives it a 9.36725
    I laughed....some POTM love coming your way....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

The TV ads for this are the same footage from recent Bible 'mini-series'. Slick cost savings/marketing. Jimmy Falon said there are many complaining that Jesus in the film (the actor) is too good looking to portray Jesus.

Jesus himself responded "whhhat?"
    I promise I won't do it again

I'm still waiting for the movie that has Jesus not played by a good looking white guy.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    I'm still waiting for the movie that has Jesus not played by a good looking white guy.
    William Defoe?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    Heh...the whole time I was asking myself why I didn't have the guts to just get up and walk out....I am ***** like that...dunno why...well...there's wifey who would KILL me for doing that. I had to periodically nudge wifey awake for the last 45 minutes of the movie (post-Judas betrayal parts)...just because I knew she'd be embarrassed to be sleeping when the lights came back on....but I was tempted.

I am like that...I don't do crazy **** or whatever, but when I find myself in situations like that I have an internal "WWDD*" dialogue with myself....

*What Would Depp Do?"
    You are deaf, right? How do you 'experience' the movies? Do you lip read the characters? What if something is said off screen? Is there some kind of 'device for the hearing impaired' at the movies? Just curious.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Hyped gives it a 9.36725
    Seems to me that's exactly what Jesus was. He just didn't get them all - he was showing us how to get them.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    I want to see a kick ass Jesus movie where he's like ****in' Jesus Henry Christ! More emphasis on his miracles and people being floored and unable to explain what they have witnessed...I mean if we all saw someone walking on water, making fish/bread out of nothing, resurrecting someone, and were unable to explain it...we'd be ****ting our pants....
    Sure about the sh*tty pants, but if this miracle worker claimed to be the Son of God, come to save and redeem mankind. What makes you think we'd act any different then the people of Jesus' day did?
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Man, that brother had some Sambo lips.
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

"It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    Sure about the sh*tty pants, but if this miracle worker claimed to be the Son of God, come to save and redeem mankind. What makes you think we'd act any different then the people of Jesus' day did?
    We have more access to toilet paper, we'd have MSNBC claiming this 'Jesus' dude is a hoax made up by FOX, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    You are deaf, right? How do you 'experience' the movies? Do you lip read the characters? What if something is said off screen? Is there some kind of 'device for the hearing impaired' at the movies? Just curious.
    The movie was subtitled for the deaf church I tagged along with. Normally, movies aren't subtitled on the screen itself...and we have glasses where we see subtitles. For off screen sounds...we get stuff like, "[Car Door Opens]" or "[Knock On Door]"...and etc.... Some movies don't do it...but you can figure it out because you have seen hearing people turn their heads in response to sounds all of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    That's my gripe...the people in the movie didn't react properly...and I believe that they all shat their pants back in the day and would do so even today. I mean when we see David Copperfield do some crazy ****...we're all lilke, "Awesome, I wonder how he did that..." because we know it's fake. It would be completely different if Copperfield came out and said, "I am the son of god"...he would be subjected to ridicule and everyone and their grandma would set out to prove that he was fake...and after being unable to explain it...they would then accept that it's for real. I mean resurrecting someone from the dead? In the movie, everyone was like, "Hallelujah!" and moved seamlessly to the next scene....bull****...you have to be floored by something like that and unable to speak or even move...IMO.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12