Every year there is a mock offseason in the draft forum. It's not particularly realistic, but it's an interesting exercise nonetheless. I had the Browns...
1) "Restructured" Joe Haden - I view this as an extension; results in a 50% savings in '14.
2) Cut Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell, Greg Little, and Devone Bess
3) Tagged TJ Ward
1) Traded for Jairus Byrd (1.26 + D.Jackson, got a 4th in return as well)
2) Traded for Ryan Mallet (3rd + swap 3rds, also got a 6th back) - Maybe overpaid. Not sure. I weighed Mallet as a prospect vs what I could get in the draft for that price, and it wasn't even close though, plus theoretically he's "developed" a few years in NE.
3) Traded Quentin Groves for a 6th
4) Traded a 6th for Erin Henderson (wasn't cut in the mock); in hindsight, I don't like this move, but at the time (during FA) it made sense (kept missing out on ILBs).
5) Traded a 6th for Terrelle Pryor; may seem like an odd trade, but I figured he was worth that late pick as a 3rd string, occasional gimmick play, and practice mobile QB
6) Traded 1.04 + NEs 3rd + Indy's 4th + 6th = 1.09 + 2.41; kind of an odd trade, but wanted another top 50 pick, and it's extremely difficult to trade down at the top of these mocks
7) Traded 2.35 to SF for 2.56 and 3.77
8) Traded 4.104 + 5th and '15 4th to NYG for 3.74
Free Agency (keep in mind the salary numbers are not "REAL," they're a product of the mock):
1) Alex Mack (7M) - #1 priority
2) Trindon Holliday (1.2M) - Allows Benjamin to focus on developing into the slot WR; would also serve as his backup in that role
3) Alterraun Verner (17M, LOL!) - Obviously, don't think he's worth anywhere near that, but I definitely want them to pursue a FA CB aggressively. Combined with everything else, that would mean four all-pros starting in the secondary, and I think moving Skrine to slot CB would be a significant upgrade, as he's better suited for that role.
4) London Fletcher (1.5M) - I think he retired, but he was available for the sake of the mock. Would love to have him as a 1-year replacement to Jackson for his leadership alone.
5) Dan Bailey (1.5M) - Huge upgrade at kicker, and that'd be a pretty good price by RL standards, let alone for this mock.
6) Donald Bulter (15M) - Again, obviously don't think he's worth that, but had the cap room, and ran out of options. Didn't want to go into the draft thinking I absolutely had to draft an ILB, since I think that's a relatively weak position in this otherwise strong draft.
1.09 - Eric Ebron, TE, UNC - Really wanted to move down a few more picks, but no one was buying, so pulled the trigger.
2.41 - Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
2.56 - Tre Mason, RB, Auburn
3.74 - Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
3.77 - Weston Richburg, OL, CSU
4.109 -Carl Bradford, ILB/OLB
7th - James White