Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    And a franchised TE would therefore take the rate of the top 5 backs. EXCEPT that they did actually list a tight end as a position, making it distinctive from the other positions also listed in 7a.
    No, my point is TE has NEVER been defined but all the other positions have but you can sat the origins of "backs" gave birth to the name TE. Meaning H-back was Neanderthal version of TE.
    "aahhhhh, he said nig gaaah"
    Courtesy of Riley Cooper's hot friend.

I'm hoping Graham is listed as a WR in fantasy football next year.
    WHY??
    You still have find another TE unless your league eliminates it.
    It's easier to find a WR or combo of WRs give you AJ or Megatron production than finding 4 TEs give you Graham's number.

Quote Originally Posted by NEpats_fan View Post
    WHY??
    You still have find another TE unless your league eliminates it.
    It's easier to find a WR or combo of WRs give you AJ or Megatron production than finding 4 TEs give you Graham's number.
    Because he scores like a WR, is used like a WR by his team and screws everything up because there is nothing else like him in the TE market.

No, my point is TE has NEVER been defined but all the other positions have but you can sat the origins of "backs" gave birth to the name TE. Meaning H-back was Neanderthal version of TE.
    Yeah, but my point is that there is an instance, in the section about franchise tags, that actually lists the separate positions that the franchise tag mechanism applies to. RBs are a category. TEs are also a category. So they may not go back to that history of the position, because presently they "defined" them as different.

What's Jimmy Graham worth?

He's only half a TE. Pretty tough to put a value on a guy who plays like a hot chick who only likes the missionary position.

Yeah, but my point is that there is an instance, in the section about franchise tags, that actually lists the separate positions that the franchise tag mechanism applies to. RBs are a category. TEs are also a category. So they may not go back to that history of the position, because presently they "defined" them as different.
    Unfortunately it doesn't say anything about lining up X% snaps a game/season at Y position on field.
    And there's nothing in NFL rule book that stipulates how a player is assigned to a "position".
    Going back to college level a coach can reassign a player to any "position" on the roster. But that doesn't stop the player from lining up at other "positions" during course or game or season.
    Heck you can have your center line up at QB and QB line up as center.

Well how exactly do you suppose they arrived at those categories, then? By that logic, there should just be a single franchise tag amount that applies regardless of position, but that isn't how they set it up. So why did they set it up that way. And how did they come to decide on those categories, if there's no such thing as position except where your coach tells you to line up?
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Heck you can have your center line up at QB and QB line up as center
    And if they did that for the majority of snaps they played, then for the purpose of the FT, your QB should be an OL and your C should be a QB.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkdawg View Post

He's only half a TE. Pretty tough to put a value on a guy who plays like a hot chick who only likes the missionary position.
    Depends on how hot the chick is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkdawg View Post

Speaking as a married man, a hot chick who only likes the missionary position but helps me score a lot is pretty damn valuable.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789