Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 130 of 130
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,962
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    And a franchised TE would therefore take the rate of the top 5 backs. EXCEPT that they did actually list a tight end as a position, making it distinctive from the other positions also listed in 7a.
    No, my point is TE has NEVER been defined but all the other positions have but you can sat the origins of "backs" gave birth to the name TE. Meaning H-back was Neanderthal version of TE.
    "aahhhhh, he said nig gaaah"
    Courtesy of Riley Cooper's hot friend.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,962
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    I'm hoping Graham is listed as a WR in fantasy football next year.
    WHY??
    You still have find another TE unless your league eliminates it.
    It's easier to find a WR or combo of WRs give you AJ or Megatron production than finding 4 TEs give you Graham's number.
    "aahhhhh, he said nig gaaah"
    Courtesy of Riley Cooper's hot friend.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    29,939
    Quote Originally Posted by NEpats_fan View Post
    WHY??
    You still have find another TE unless your league eliminates it.
    It's easier to find a WR or combo of WRs give you AJ or Megatron production than finding 4 TEs give you Graham's number.
    Because he scores like a WR, is used like a WR by his team and screws everything up because there is nothing else like him in the TE market.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    29,939
    Quote Originally Posted by NEpats_fan View Post
    No, my point is TE has NEVER been defined but all the other positions have but you can sat the origins of "backs" gave birth to the name TE. Meaning H-back was Neanderthal version of TE.
    Yeah, but my point is that there is an instance, in the section about franchise tags, that actually lists the separate positions that the franchise tag mechanism applies to. RBs are a category. TEs are also a category. So they may not go back to that history of the position, because presently they "defined" them as different.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Seahawk Stadium
    Posts
    11,720
    What's Jimmy Graham worth?

    He's only half a TE. Pretty tough to put a value on a guy who plays like a hot chick who only likes the missionary position.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,962
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    Yeah, but my point is that there is an instance, in the section about franchise tags, that actually lists the separate positions that the franchise tag mechanism applies to. RBs are a category. TEs are also a category. So they may not go back to that history of the position, because presently they "defined" them as different.
    Unfortunately it doesn't say anything about lining up X% snaps a game/season at Y position on field.
    And there's nothing in NFL rule book that stipulates how a player is assigned to a "position".
    Going back to college level a coach can reassign a player to any "position" on the roster. But that doesn't stop the player from lining up at other "positions" during course or game or season.
    Heck you can have your center line up at QB and QB line up as center.
    "aahhhhh, he said nig gaaah"
    Courtesy of Riley Cooper's hot friend.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Tied to the KFFL merry-go-round
    Posts
    23,994
    Well how exactly do you suppose they arrived at those categories, then? By that logic, there should just be a single franchise tag amount that applies regardless of position, but that isn't how they set it up. So why did they set it up that way. And how did they come to decide on those categories, if there's no such thing as position except where your coach tells you to line up?
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Tied to the KFFL merry-go-round
    Posts
    23,994
    Quote Originally Posted by NEpats_fan View Post
    Heck you can have your center line up at QB and QB line up as center
    And if they did that for the majority of snaps they played, then for the purpose of the FT, your QB should be an OL and your C should be a QB.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington
    Posts
    27,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkdawg View Post
    What's Jimmy Graham worth?

    He's only half a TE. Pretty tough to put a value on a guy who plays like a hot chick who only likes the missionary position.
    Depends on how hot the chick is.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Outside Buddy-ville
    Posts
    15,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkdawg View Post
    What's Jimmy Graham worth?

    He's only half a TE. Pretty tough to put a value on a guy who plays like a hot chick who only likes the missionary position.
    Speaking as a married man, a hot chick who only likes the missionary position but helps me score a lot is pretty damn valuable.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Fantasy Football Rankings


Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.