Eagles close to extension with Kelce

Could be announced as soon as tomorrow.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...cted-soon.html

Eagles are going right to business after the combine -- love it. First Peters, now reports of Kelce, Cooper and Maclin close to signing.

Kelce is a player who doesn't get enough credit on here, he's a real good young player who's progressing and getting better every year. I'm all on board with locking him up.

Well they were probably negotiating during the combine. Teams don't announce deals while they're actually at the combine, but they're back at Novacare now.

I like all these moves to lock down current good players. Always better than going into free agency--if you have the right players to start with.

Kelce is not a great center, but he is a good one and his best years may be ahead of him. Locking him down ensures we'd have all the most important positions on the OL--the tackles and center--locked down with good players for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    I like all these moves to lock down current good players. Always better than going into free agency--if you have the right players to start with.

Kelce is not a great center, but he is a good one and his best years may be ahead of him. Locking him down ensures we'd have all the most important positions on the OL--the tackles and center--locked down with good players for years to come.
    I think Kelce is top 5. Who's better? Maurkice Pouncey, Nick Mangold, Ryan Kalil. Max Unger is good but a little overrated IMO. Mike Pouncey is good but has major character issues. Can't really think of anyone else that I'd say is better.

I haven't looked at enough centers to know who is top 5 or top 10, but I like the guy from the Saints, Brian De La Puente. He got the better of Bennie Logan in the playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    I haven't looked at enough centers to know who is top 5 or top 10, but I like the guy from the Saints, Brian De La Puente. He got the better of Bennie Logan in the playoff game.
    With a lot of help from their guards. They probably have the best guard duo in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by iggles nut View Post
    I think Kelce is top 5. Who's better? Maurkice Pouncey, Nick Mangold, Ryan Kalil. Max Unger is good but a little overrated IMO. Mike Pouncey is good but has major character issues. Can't really think of anyone else that I'd say is better.
    Dan Koppen, Eric Wood and Alex Mack are all pretty damn good. I think Kelce simply needs to get bigger and stronger, oustide of that his technique is awesome, and from what i understand he does a great job making line calls as he is a cerebral center.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    Dan Koppen, Eric Wood and Alex Mack are all pretty damn good. I think Kelce simply needs to get bigger and stronger, oustide of that his technique is awesome, and from what i understand he does a great job making line calls as he is a cerebral center.
    Forgot Mack. He's the best in the league. Wood is definitely top 10. Koppen used to be very good before injuries struck. He's fallen off since then.

Kelce a top 5-7 center in the league. He's the best pulling center in the league and one of the most athletic, a good pass protector and he makes all the line calls which makes Nick Foles job easier. Kelce needs to continue to get stronger to help his run blocking, at times he can struggle at the point of attack -- though this is an area he's improved significantly since entering the league. He's young, he's getting better every year, he's going on 2 years removed from a major knee injury and he's a high character/work ethic guy. Pay the man!

Quote Originally Posted by iggles nut View Post
    Forgot Mack. He's the best in the league. Wood is definitely top 10. Koppen used to be very good before injuries struck. He's fallen off since then.
    think Pouncey is the best in the league followed by Nick Mangold and I love Wisniewski.

I'd be very happy with this signing.

Lock up our oline until 2016