Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I predict!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Coach View Post
    To be clear Ealy was my prediction, not my preference.
    Right, I figured.....who's your guy at 14?
    "Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by thunderspirit View Post
    i'm actually starting to warm to Martin a little.

after doing some research, he's part of the last season of Butch Davis recruits, so you have to figure he's got talent. and then you likewise have to wonder whether he got coached all that much in the years that followed Davis (well, after Everett Withers left, anyway).
    I'm sold on him. I think he's a going to go in the mid-late 20's . 3 year starter. Captain. Outstanding measurables. 11.5 sacks last year. Needs to get a little stronger upper body, but that's pretty easy. My guess is he'll shoot up boards late like Chandler Jones did.

I predict that someone this offseason will refer to Jay Cutler's contract as a bargain, and call it "The last major QB deal to get consumated before the expanding cap reality was announced."

And I predict that Aube will have something negative to say about this post, and/or that announcement. (and will be well within his rights to do so... it will be consistent with his POV on Cutler/signing him starting in December or earlier).

Sam had as good a season/impact as any other DE in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSuperfan View Post
    Right, I figured.....who's your guy at 14?
    I need to see what we do in Free Agency. Right now its probably Justin Gilbert, Aaron Donald or Clinton-Dix. In that order.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

I predict the defense will start out showing improvements over last year, but as the season goes on, they'll start to suck again forcing Mel Tucker down to the sidelines allowing us, the viewing public, to witness him scowling and shouting madly at his players in lieu of any legitimate coaching adjustments or preparation that should have probably taken place earlier in the week.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

I need to see what we do in Free Agency. Right now its probably Justin Gilbert, Aaron Donald or Clinton-Dix. In that order.
    i have two of those in reverse order (Donald, then Gilbert) and then i'm kinda stumped. maybe Verrett, i dunno.

as for Clinton-Dix, he made some plays at Alabama, but doesn't appear to be a Mike Brown-like student of the game and isn't a tremendous athlete. i can't quite figure out if he makes the players around him better or if he seems better than he is cos of the talent around him.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

My top 3 are Donald, Pryor, Gilbert/Dennard
    "Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception." - George Orwell

I predict that after a vertical jump of 34 feet, 5 inches, U of I linebacker Jonathon Brown will make a lot of money in his career retrieving Frisbees and kites off of people's roofs even if he is a terrible football player:

Brown shaved significant time off his 40-yard dash, clocking in at 4.85 seconds at pro day compared to 5.03 seconds at the combine. He also improved his vertical leap to 34 feet, 5 inches after leaping 31 inches at the combine and benched two more times for a total of 18 at the pro day.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,7450494.story
    I thought that typo was amusing and you'd all get a kick out of it. Although I think evaluators shouldn't let guys jump in Flubber shoes.
    Last edited by toooverbearing; 03-06-2014 at 10:03 PM.

We sign Delmas at Safety... Draft Jernigan with our 1st... Pick a RB in the 3rd round (Do we have a 3rd? ).
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

I predict that Donald will be gone by the time we pick if he's as good as you guys think he is.

I predict a trade down in the second round and maybe the first as well if possible
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123