Jason Peters signed to new contract!

Wow I did not see this coming. Five years, $51 million.

Now that is how you get an extension.

"Me against the world? So what…Im Brian Dawkins
    versus the whole 0 and 16 Lions offense
    So bring on the Giants Falcons and Miami Dolphins…"

Not sure why you didn`t see it coming, he had one year left on his contract and big money due against the cap this year makes sense. Peters is still an upper echelon tackle, I doubt he sees all 5 years, I am hearing 19 mill guaranteed which basically makes it a 3 year deal.

I like it. We're set at LT for a few more years.

Looks like a 4-year deal for ~$41M according to https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...87254232309760

I didn't see it coming because he is old. He is 32 and will be 33 next year when his contract ends. It's a risk. But, I guess they decided they would roll with him until he is about 35. The contract apparently has $19 mil guaranteed, so it seems like the back years are voidable. All in all a decent deal.

Freed up cap room for a veteran Free Agent Safety?
    Chip is the man!

I am not sure how it affects this year's cap. May be worse this year, not better. But it probably means they have more room next year, when they likely will be looking to lock down Nick Foles.

Good move!

Jason Peters is a stud with 3-4 years in the tank IMO -- I like it!

good move. like seeing them reward hard work.

Considering he missed so much time with the Achillies injury he is not an old 32 and lets not forget Tackle can play well into their thirties, just look at Runyan and Thomas. I think he is here 3 more years.

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 55m

#Eagles will save roughly $2 million in salary cap space in the first year of Peters' new contract

Also keep in mind that these financial terms are coming from the agent. The $19.55M "guarantee" isn't necessarily fully guaranteed. Sometimes deals are guaranteed in case of injury but not for "skill". That means if he gets hurt he gets paid but if they just cut him because of declining performance he doesn't make as much.

Very good signing. With the added benefit of saving $2 mil in the cap next year.
    [I]"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ___ Samuel Adams "Father of the American Revolution"

"Originally Posted by JackBauer"
    I'm still waiting to see the Democrats running on a platform of reduced federal spending.

The $19.55M "guarantee" is really only $9.55M of additional guaranteed money. He was already due $10M this year and while it might not have been technically guaranteed it was practically because we weren't cutting him. So it's really an additional 4 year, $41M deal with a little less than $10M in guaranteed money.