Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMan View Post
    I disagree. You look at billboards when it's convenient for you. The stuff that pops up on your glasses could happen at any time, convenient or otherwise. Big difference.
    I hardly look at hot chicks in a convenient manner....it's biological man....gotta do the double take!

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    Technology will solve this anyway, when driving your car becomes a passive endeavor instead of an active one.
    I can't wait for this. I love to drive...I really do...but our society is not allowing me to drive the way I want to anymore. Insurance is killing me....****ing cops are killing me......the only places I can really drive nowadays are in the middle of the desert or on a racetrack..... I simply cannot drive slower than 75...I just can't....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    I believe it would be a major asset as a "HUD Driving Assistant". You could program it to only alert you to important texts/calls from loved ones while driving...and to only run GPS programs and etc.... Wouldn't be too hard to program it to disable all other apps once the glasses are traveling faster than 5MPH.

Really there's no difference between wearing them vs. looking at all the billboards, hot chicks, accidents, weird ****, and etc...you see while driving....
    See, your bias is already bleeding through..."only" for important texts/calls from "loved ones" while driving. How important is important? Who decides it's "important"? The same idiot user who decides everything is important to them?

I get the argument that GPS, etc actually makes driving safer as it is actually related to driving. HUD is a great idea, keeps eyes closer to the road (note I did no say "on the road"). But hacking technical devices is so common and easy, any safeguards that Google might program into Glass will be undone in days if not hours by the aftermarket crowd--Glass is not designed for driving, it is designed for internet mobility via a wearable interface. Good luck driving with the Candy Crush crowd trying for a personal best beside you.

Quote Originally Posted by duck View Post
    See, your bias is already bleeding through..."only" for important texts/calls from "loved ones" while driving. How important is important? Who decides it's "important"? The same idiot user who decides everything is important to them?

I get the argument that GPS, etc actually makes driving safer as it is actually related to driving. HUD is a great idea, keeps eyes closer to the road (note I did no say "on the road"). But hacking technical devices is so common and easy, any safeguards that Google might program into Glass will be undone in days if not hours by the aftermarket crowd--Glass is not designed for driving, it is designed for internet mobility via a wearable interface. Good luck driving with the Candy Crush crowd trying for a personal best beside you.
    Yeah, my wife texting/calling me is pretty damn important to me. I'd not need to answer the phone...but to have the glasses let me know is valuable...I can then pull over and answer if needed.

And it should be up to the driver to decide what is important. Idiots will crash and kill people one way or another....the glasses won't make a difference, IMO.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123