Cousins says he wants to be a starter

Got a problem fellas. Cousins is openly asking to be a starter. per the Washinton Post today (2/24/14). We can't have this type of crap on the team. We need to move him. Your thoughts?
    I bleed Burgundy, I piss gold, and crap on Blue Stars!

Quote Originally Posted by skinswin! View Post
    Got a problem fellas. Cousins is openly asking to be a starter. per the Washinton Post today (2/24/14). We can't have this type of crap on the team. We need to move him. Your thoughts?
    I'd like to see the article and the context. Was this question asked? Point blank, pestering? Or did he just call up the WP and state his case?

What QB doesn't want to be the starting QB? Well, what young QB? Would you want one who doesn't? I've felt all along, given that he was a 4th round pick, the plan was to groom and trade him - or keep him if RGIII turned out injured or bust. Well, the injury came and you missed your chance. He's still worth something and I would find out what. Yesterday. At the rate you've handled him - granted it's a new regime now - he won't be worth more later. He'll be a FA and leave that way.

It was a dumb plan because you didn't execute it (well, not you skins, but the team).
    Gang Way!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-want-to-play/

“I think it’s a win-win for me, because I really do love it here,” Cousins said on 106.7 The Fan’s Grant and Danny show recently. “I love this city, I love the fan base, the tradition of our organization. I love the people in our organization, my teammates. I’ve really come to love it here; I’m very comfortable here in D.C. So If someone were to say, ‘You’re gonna be here for a year or two more years’ — or even longer than that — I really don’t have any worries about that.

“That being said, from the day I was drafted, all I’ve really wanted is the chance to compete to be a starting quarterback,” Cousins went on. “I think that’s what all of us ask for, in whatever profession we have, we want a chance to show what we can do. You [Grant Paulsen] want a chance to see what you can do on a radio show. I think you do a great job, but I only know that because I’ve seen you do it, I’ve listened to you, I can see the work you do. So from where I’m sitting, I just want that chance.

“And because of the situation I was drafted into in D.C., that obviously isn’t in the cards for me,” Cousins said. “And so my attitude all along has been, if someone wants to give me that opportunity to have that chance to compete, I’d love to go somewhere. But right now in D.C. if I stay, my job is to be a great backup and hopefully one day become a starter.”

“This isn’t rocket science,” Cousins said. “If there’s any NFL quarterback who doesn’t want what I just communicated, I would seriously question — as a fan base or as an organization — what good he’s doing for your team. Now that being said, I’m gonna communicate my desire to play in a classy way. I don’t want to do it in a way that’s gonna hurt our organization or reflect poorly on me or the team. But yeah, I absolutely want to play, and that’s not a complicated fact. But we’ll see what happens. We’ll see what’s in the cards. And if I’m not good enough, I’ve got to accept that, but all I’m looking for is that chance.”
    IOW, massive overreaction by the OP.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Nothing to see here folks, move along now.
    6 Footers For Bogey Really Suck

Same stuff he's said since day 1. Cousins is a PR wet dream. He's going to say the right thing every time.

thought I might go on record now as Cousins to the Texans for 1st pick in 3rd round, while they draft Clowney 1st overall.
    "Albatross!! my favorite word for any conversation"
    --Q

Quote Originally Posted by draft4thefuture View Post
    thought I might go on record now as Cousins to the Texans for 1st pick in 3rd round, while they draft Clowney 1st overall.
    I'd take it. Pretty much like a 2nd rounder and this draft is deep in some positions the Skins need. Get the picks.

Cousins wants to be a starter? I damn well hope so. Who strives to be a backup?

Quote Originally Posted by draft4thefuture View Post
    Yeah, that sounds like a good trade for all parties, really. Cousins gets a chance and the Skins get something worthwhile. I would say he might be worth it. I would consider that if I were the Texans.
    Gang Way!