Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    The hate of charter school just because they are charter schools....continues. Just say it.
    Who's reluctant about something so obvious?

Private schools getting taxpayer dollars sucks

Private schools getting taxpayer dollars and then illegally funneling it to other purposes sucks doubly.
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Who's reluctant about something so obvious?

Private schools getting taxpayer dollars sucks

Private schools getting taxpayer dollars and then illegally funneling it to other purposes sucks doubly.
    Then fight the tax credits for all religious schools. It's a ton of money. In addition, cheer the tax payer money that has made our public schools so tremendous. Is that so hard?
    I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    Alternatively, we can look at other sources that DO give figures for profit margins, e.g. the one I linked above.
    Which is why i conceded your cited 10%...which is still pretty damn good don't you think?
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

The hate of charter school just because they are charter schools....continues. Just say it.
    Ah...you waited a few days to troll. Baby steps, Raid.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    Which is why i conceded your cited 10%...which is still pretty damn good don't you think?
    If an industry can consistently get a 10% operating margin, that's decent. Not terrible at all. I think the defense/aerospace industry is in a similar range, for example.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Ah...you waited a few days to troll. Baby steps, Raid.

lol, no, my sad baking talent doesn't allow me President's Day or 'Snow Days' off. Notice I wasn't on KFFL on Sunday. Must have been busy in church , then drinking. You kill me. Luv it.

Then fight the tax credits for all religious schools. It's a ton of money. In addition, cheer the tax payer money that has made our public schools so tremendous. Is that so hard?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Is what so hard?

I AM doing my part to fight tax credits for all religious schools.
    I speak out against it any time the subject comes up and any time there's a candidate that is less favorable towards funding private schools, I vote for them.

Do I need to run around with a spear and impale those who disagree with me, in order to satisfactorily prove the strength of my convictions to you?
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

lol, no, my sad baking talent doesn't allow me President's Day or 'Snow Days' off. Notice I wasn't on KFFL on Sunday. Must have been busy in church , then drinking. You kill me. Luv it.
    If you were still a Catholic, you could drink IN church.

Your new faith is less efficient.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

If an industry can consistently get a 10% operating margin, that's decent. Not terrible at all. I think the defense/aerospace industry is in a similar range, for example.
    Infographic states smaller margins...but their profits are pretty sick.

Consider the above your Troll Food for the day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/27/wo...litary.html?hp

Now that's a very serious attack on the Gulen movement.

http://kamilpasha.com/?cat=22 discusses the trials referred to at length.

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

So...now it's not ok?

So...now it's not ok?
    That depends on what the meaning of "OK" is. Charter schools are morally OK (just as for-profit hospitals are); they may or may not happen to be wise public policy. (They're bad ideas for all the same reasons for-profit hospitals are; HOWEVER, schools are much more hidebound than hospitals, and hence the benefits of competition and innovation are greater in the education case.)

Doing business in which the Gulen movement makes a profit is OK based on public information, but the margin of OKness is narrower than I'd like.

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

So...now it's not ok?
    Also, I object to your tone. You're a math teacher who engaged in irresponsible (lack of) mathematical reasoning in this thread. You should be ashamed of those posts, and certainly not talking down to anybody else for as long as this thread is active.

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

That depends on what the meaning of "OK" is. Charter schools are morally OK (just as for-profit hospitals are); they may or may not happen to be wise public policy. (They're bad ideas for all the same reasons for-profit hospitals are; HOWEVER, schools are much more hidebound than hospitals, and hence the benefits of competition and innovation are greater in the education case.)

Doing business in which the Gulen movement makes a profit is OK based on public information, but the margin of OKness is narrower than I'd like.
    Also, I object to your tone. You're a math teacher who engaged in irresponsible (lack of) mathematical reasoning in this thread. You should be ashamed of those posts, and certainly not talking down to anybody else for as long as this thread is active.
    Object all you want; I have repeatedly asked about the Gulen Movement redirecting taxpayer money to Turkey, not about Charter schools. That is why i said 2-3 times "you're missing the point" when you were making general statements about charters. If i sought your opinion on charters, i think you'd agree, we have plenty of threads for that and stated as much in the OP.

Good day.

I like turkey.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123