Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brown is still currently counting toward cap.

Colbert intimating that they'd dip a toe into the FA pool a week or so ago makes me think they may be willing to go after guy at Bryant's level, but Bryant in particular is likely to be a relatively hot commodity. He's scheme versatile and is a really, really good run defender.

I expect they are going to make a concerted effort to re-sign Worilds before they attempt to sign anyone else of note though....which could work against them if Worilds, as he should be expected to do, delays signing with anyone to try and run up his going rate. I would expect he doesn't sign until Orakpo does, actually. I assume there are plenty of teams out there who will prefer him to Worilds, even though I think he's kind of overrated, since he's "more proven."
    "I'm like a hungry piranha with a capybara on it's period in the water..."

- westcoast

just curious...

what does everyone think that Worilds will be asking for?

7M?
    8M?
    The Leafies are Scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinMan View Post
    Brown is still currently counting toward cap.

Colbert intimating that they'd dip a toe into the FA pool a week or so ago makes me think they may be willing to go after guy at Bryant's level, but Bryant in particular is likely to be a relatively hot commodity. He's scheme versatile and is a really, really good run defender.

I expect they are going to make a concerted effort to re-sign Worilds before they attempt to sign anyone else of note though....which could work against them if Worilds, as he should be expected to do, delays signing with anyone to try and run up his going rate. I would expect he doesn't sign until Orakpo does, actually. I assume there are plenty of teams out there who will prefer him to Worilds, even though I think he's kind of overrated, since he's "more proven."
    Thanks for clarification on Brown and I agree with you regarding Bryant's demand, just using his value as a measuring stick for what the front office may be pursuing.

I most certainly could be wrong, but I just don't see Jason Worilds returning.
    It's a weak group of OLB this off-season, and Worilds is bound to benefit from it.
    I'm afraid that means another season of Woodley limping around.
    If I was Kevin Colbert….I'd be looking for someone that can pick up the slack at that position.

Speaking of FA's…It sure looks to me like there might be a couple defensive players the Steelers could try to go after via the Ravens.
    They just resigned Dennis Pitta, so I would think they're not going to be able to sign all of those guys.
    Six Time Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!

Jameel McClain perhaps???
    The Leafies are Scumbags.

McClain wouldn't be a terrible target.

- westcoast

What about looking at Terrance Cody?

Cody...McLain...Corey Graham?
    Six Time Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!

I'd like them to look at Cody, but dunno if they like him much.

- westcoast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12