Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Genus49 View Post
    I still think getting rid of a successful coach like Harbaugh would be a huge mistake...

However if they're insisting on not re-signing him then they should've at least traded him.

A coaching change is a really bad thing for a team. We have nobody on the team now who can just come in and run with things the way we saw with Seifert after Walsh retired.

If we bring in another quality coach the roster turnover will begin. If we just hire a yes man then what's the point?

They need to just pay the man and everyone needs to be adults about it.
    I just don't think it's solely about money. I think Harbaugh really does want more personnel control. Harbaugh is the one that needs to be an adult and understand that he will be compensated fairly once he achieves the level the guys he wants to be paid like have acheived. If his ego is so big he thinks he has to run the whole shows then he can leave.

It's a bigger mistake to give him total control.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

Right now, Harbaugh is making 5M/year. He is already in the top 10 in pay and likely in the top 8. Even though coaching salaries aren't all public, PFT posted a bunch of them last year, so we know roughly who is making what. Last year, only 8 coaches in the NFL made more than 6M/year: Belicheater and Reid make 7.5M, Carroll 7M, Fisher 7M, Shanny 7M, Coughlin 6.67M, and Kelly 6.5M.

If Harbaugh wants 8M/year, he'd be the highest paid coach in the NFL. If that is really what he is demanding, then he should start packing b/c the Niners won't and shouldn't pay him that until he's won a SB. BB and Reid are basically HC and GM and paying Harbaugh more than them doesn't make sense (w/o a SB win). Harbaugh will never be HC/GM in San Fran. The Niners have supposedly offered him extension of 1 and 2 years with a small bump in pay with an incentive that would push his pay to the top or very near it if he won the SB. So far, he has declined.

Quote Originally Posted by Niner Outlaw View Post
    Right now, Harbaugh is making 5M/year. He is already in the top 10 in pay and likely in the top 8. Even though coaching salaries aren't all public, PFT posted a bunch of them last year, so we know roughly who is making what. Last year, only 8 coaches in the NFL made more than 6M/year: Belicheater and Reid make 7.5M, Carroll 7M, Fisher 7M, Shanny 7M, Coughlin 6.67M, and Kelly 6.5M.

If Harbaugh wants 8M/year, he'd be the highest paid coach in the NFL. If that is really what he is demanding, then he should start packing b/c the Niners won't and shouldn't pay him that until he's won a SB. BB and Reid are basically HC and GM and paying Harbaugh more than them doesn't make sense (w/o a SB win). Harbaugh will never be HC/GM in San Fran. The Niners have supposedly offered him extension of 1 and 2 years with a small bump in pay with an incentive that would push his pay to the top or very near it if he won the SB. So far, he has declined.
    Well lets hope Miami tanks next year then because we will be getting some picks from them.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

"I'm still waiting for the greatest of all the young QB's to do his thing, but if he doesn't we've been told it wont be his fault"

Unless someone's offering first round pick(s), he can finish out the contract he signed his name to.

If we traded him for at least a first round pick, I'd be fine with it. I'm not in love with Harbaugh. He walked into a good situation. His brother is going to lose the luster from his esteemed visage over the next year as well.

I'm not a fan of soap operas surrounding my sports teams. This whole thing was either a non-issue (The Browns simply offered us some crappy picks for Harbaugh and we said no) or it's a serious issue (We had a deal in place and told Harbaugh he was traded and then he nixed it), either way I don't expect either side to tell the truth and lay the facts on the table.

So get rid of the distraction and improve the team's talent level.

If we could get a Gruden-type deal from it, even better.
    “Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind. Speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.” -Gandhi

Rational skepticism is not the same thing as being a conspiracy theorist.

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream. -Muggeridge

Quote Originally Posted by ThankGod4Walsh View Post
    Unless someone's offering first round pick(s), he can finish out the contract he signed his name to.

If we traded him for at least a first round pick, I'd be fine with it. I'm not in love with Harbaugh. He walked into a good situation. His brother is going to lose the luster from his esteemed visage over the next year as well.

I'm not a fan of soap operas surrounding my sports teams. This whole thing was either a non-issue (The Browns simply offered us some crappy picks for Harbaugh and we said no) or it's a serious issue (We had a deal in place and told Harbaugh he was traded and then he nixed it), either way I don't expect either side to tell the truth and lay the facts on the table.

So get rid of the distraction and improve the team's talent level.

If we could get a Gruden-type deal from it, even better.
    Yup. Then the question becomes who is the next guy. Problem was never firing Mooch, it was hiring Erickson. Can't blow the hire. Pretty sure Jed has a list of guys, of which David Shaw has to be topping the list IMO.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

Apparently York is in Miami right now.

Maybe he is there on vacation but where there is smoke.....
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

"I'm still waiting for the greatest of all the young QB's to do his thing, but if he doesn't we've been told it wont be his fault"

Hopefully he is flying there to meet with Boldin to sign his new contract
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

It seem that the whole front office is there, not only Jed.

Are there some league meetings in Miami this week?
    IJWT...

Quote Originally Posted by ColoNiner View Post
    Are there some league meetings in Miami this week?
    Yes, but the rumor is they brought their team lawyer too. Im not sure she would be needed at the owners meetings.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

A source with inside knowledge of the 49ers told the San Francisco Chronicle that coach Jim Harbaugh's "act has worn thin" inside the team's locker room, particularly among "face of the 49ers" type players.
    The 49ers have been able to overcome the friction due to winning, but the Chronicle's Ann Killion suggests "a few losses could expose a widening rift." This is the first report of players having problems with Harbaugh. To this point, it's only been reported that Harbaugh doesn't get along with GM Trent Baalke. It's becoming very clear 2014 will be Harbs' final year with the 49ers.
    Rotoworld.com
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Sakic19 View Post
    Rotoworld.com
    sounds like a bunch of crap, majority of leaders of this roster went through nolan and singletary

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Harbaugh was letting (if not abetting) this to get blown out of proportion, so that our enemies think we're weakened when, in fact, we're not.

AND using it as leverage in his contract negotiations.
    IJWT...

I'm not sure it's the best way to get leverage, unless the whole FO is in on it.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123