Cap goes to 130 mil

Was 123 last year and most projected 127-128. Good news for cap strapped teams, as that basically makes their draft class free. I know Detroit is happy :)
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Probably a bit of an exhale in a Seattle as well.
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

This was the amount I had heard projected. But yes, good news for the likes of Dallas.

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Probably a bit of an exhale in a Seattle as well.
    Yep, just may be the difference in having to decide between Bennett & Tate and bringing back both.
    U MAD BRO??

Good for the Steelers.

Bad for those of us who use NFL Game Rewind. Those cash strapped owners have to find that extra 7 mil some place.

Redskins were going to have big dough available anyway. Now old Danny boy is really going to splurge it up. We can be super bowl champs of the off season again!!!!
    I bleed Burgundy, I piss gold, and crap on Blue Stars!

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    Yep, just may be the difference in having to decide between Bennett & Tate and bringing back both.
    Possible but cap doesn't go up just for them. If some other team like say the Raiders wants to dish out huge money I don't see Seattle matching and the extra $ may be enough to pass up a hometown deal.

Every player says they want to stick around til free agency actually starts. I remember after 2010 I thought there was no way in hell the niners were gonna let Takeo Spikes go. I think he signed with the Chargers in the first 2 days of free agency.
    Draft well and then coach em up!

Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith & Jerry Rice & Deion Sanders

Damn, Clayton is saying maybe 132 now
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Mara and his committee might raise the cap 9Mil? Is this the spirit of the capped year or the results of the spirit of the not uncapped year coming to a end. Why the big jump this year and not last year? Some how it feels like Mara just got over on Wash. again by bumping up other teams when the Redskins did not need the cap space.

You never know. His involvement in and behavior towards the Skins/Boys cap penalties was despicable IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    You never know. His involvement in and behavior towards the Skins/Boys cap penalties was despicable IMO
    Totally agree. Mara is a dick.
    I bleed Burgundy, I piss gold, and crap on Blue Stars!