Thread: BJ Raji?

BJ Raji?

It sounds like he is going to be a free agent and may not want to re-sign with Green Bay. What do people think of adding him as a NT? He had some ups and downs at Green Bay, but I think he would be a huge addition (no pun intended) as a true nose tackle.

He reportedly declined to sign an offer for $8 million a year from Green Bay though, so he may think he is worth more--either that or just wants to leave that team.

Not for 8M.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    It sounds like he is going to be a free agent and may not want to re-sign with Green Bay. What do people think of adding him as a NT? He had some ups and downs at Green Bay, but I think he would be a huge addition (no pun intended) as a true nose tackle.

He reportedly declined to sign an offer for $8 million a year from Green Bay though, so he may think he is worth more--either that or just wants to leave that team.
    He's not getting near $8M a year. After he doesn't find what he's looking for and his price drops to the $2M a year range, then we can pick him up.

It sounds like Packers fans are pretty down on him, saying his play really dropped off.

Pass

Sometimes players just want a change of scenery, i talked with one player who walked away from the game at 29 becuase he just needed a change. According to him he had offers from teams including us and the broncos. But he sounded content with enjoying the money he made, and helping his gurl with her new gig. Maybe raji didnt want more money, maybe he wanted a new locker room, and city.
    "you know my rap, 21 and 10"

Some are suggesting just that Tech star...that Raji turned down the money because he wants a change of teams. He has been moved around a lot between end and nose tackle.

This was a decent writeup on Raji's career to date. I'd expect most teams are wondering what's happened to him, especially since his decline apparently started to happen while he was still at NT and he doesn't have a major injury to pin that to.

Howie told reporters today that they think Logan can bulk up and be the NT long term.

BJ no longer wants to be a Packer?

I'm surprised this thread isn't 90 pages long.
    Gang Way!

Raji is just a big body now, would he improve our up the middle defense I think he would but at what cost. I would rather sign Terrence Cody to rotate with Logan he is younger and will be much less expense. Cody is nothing special but he is a bigger body that can help slow down a teams run game