Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Almost as funny as the concept of an internet trump card.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Quote Originally Posted by ThankGod4Walsh View Post
    Obviously everyone who believes their senses are reliably informing them of the universe they live in just answers surveys as a joke.

The people who reject their intuitive observations and rely on "smart people" to tell them what's really true, they are the serious ones.
    Yup. The sign of true intelligence is to reject your intellect and rely on your senses.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    Yup. The sign of true intelligence is to reject your intellect and rely on your senses.
    How do scientists make observations?
    “Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind. Speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.” -Gandhi

Rational skepticism is not the same thing as being a conspiracy theorist.

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream. -Muggeridge

On this one free online-dating website I frequent, you can answer a myriad of questions which help determine your compatibility score when looking at other profiles.

One of these questions is: Which is bigger, the sun or the earth? Of people, at least women, who answer this question within 100 miles of here, I'd say a good 70% of them get this answer wrong. I've wondered if this is similar to the national average, an average for people using this website, or simply a sad indictment of the Kansas science education system. So 25% believing the Sun revolves around the Earth is not surprising to me.

I also learned that a surprising percentage pf people, perhaps 15%, don't "believe in" dinosaurs, which I attribute more to their Christian indoctrination here in the Bible Belt than to poor scientific education, however a solid majority also think astrology is a legitimate science.
    "I like my women the way I like my scotch, 20 years old and mix up in coke."

Quote Originally Posted by ThankGod4Walsh View Post
    How do scientists make observations?
    Right over your head. Posterized over your head.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    I mean what I say. And I say what I mean.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

In the last US census, I am a Negro.
    I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by lechrus2 View Post
    On this one free online-dating website I frequent, you can answer a myriad of questions which help determine your compatibility score when looking at other profiles.

One of these questions is: Which is bigger, the sun or the earth? Of people, at least women, who answer this question within 100 miles of here, I'd say a good 70% of them get this answer wrong. I've wondered if this is similar to the national average, an average for people using this website, or simply a sad indictment of the Kansas science education system. So 25% believing the Sun revolves around the Earth is not surprising to me.

I also learned that a surprising percentage pf people, perhaps 15%, don't "believe in" dinosaurs, which I attribute more to their Christian indoctrination here in the Bible Belt than to poor scientific education, however a solid majority also think astrology is a legitimate science.
    Good data. Depressing, but good.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    Go to a Menses-fest and tell the people there about your geocentristic beliefs. And videotape it. And post it here.

Everyone is curious as to their reaction.

Appeal to the 'reliability of their senses informing them of the universe.'

Please do it. It was my birthday two days ago. Make it a birthday present for me.
    You're birthday is February 16?
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    In the last US census, I am a Negro.
    Sup brah.
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Despite courageously holding out until the final minutes of the year, the award for the dumbest tweet of 2013 goes to ... whoever this girl is:

She is only about 4,000 years off, duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    You're birthday is February 16?
    Or so my parents told me.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123