Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    The truth is that Buffalo cannot support NFL football. Wilson has to move the team. I kind of give him a pass because, unlike Jerry, he has little to work with in terms of location or money.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    The truth is that Buffalo cannot support NFL football. Wilson has to move the team. I kind of give him a pass because, unlike Jerry, he has little to work with in terms of location or money.
    The L.A. Sharks

There's some truth to this, but Wilson doesn't put in the effort IMO. I don't think market is a top 3 reason he's a failure. Are they the smallest market by a huge margin?
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

When Jason Peters signed a contract extension with Philly today, he thanked several current coaches and personnel people, but he also gave a shout out to Big Red, aka Andy Reid, for "getting me out of Buffalo." He made it sound like Reid bailed him out of prison. I think that's how players view the Bills.

My buddy is a Bills fan and he is convinced Ralph Wilson died a few years ago and it's a Weekend at Bernies situation where someone just has him waive from his office to people.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    There's some truth to this, but Wilson doesn't put in the effort IMO. I don't think market is a top 3 reason he's a failure. Are they the smallest market by a huge margin?
    The man is in his 90's. How much effort does he have to give?

When Jason Peters signed a contract extension with Philly today, he thanked several current coaches and personnel people, but he also gave a shout out to Big Red, aka Andy Reid, for "getting me out of Buffalo." He made it sound like Reid bailed him out of prison. I think that's how players view the Bills.
    Mario Williams had no problem taking there money a few years ago...
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    Haslam could easily go down as one of the worst owners in NFL history. I don't deny that for a second, but I think you're putting the cart before the horse to say he's one of the five worst based on one season of football.

People are quick to judge this off season as a disaster, but that seems based on the assumption that Farmer & Pettine will fail.
    $50MM+ in cap room and they just used the transition tag on Alex Mack. That's what you call a "clincher" right there.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314