Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fair enough.

On topic it seems like a great idea on pretty much every level. At least until you're trying to buy a stamp to mail your Mother's Day card on your lunch break and get stuck in line behind some schmoe trying to cash a third party check from the Bank of the Republic of Haiti...
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Fair enough.

On topic it seems like a great idea on pretty much every level. At least until you're trying to buy a stamp to mail your Mother's Day card on your lunch break and get stuck in line behind some schmoe trying to cash a third party check from the Bank of the Republic of Haiti...
    To be quite honest, it will suck for anyone that needs to use the post office, but it sucks now. I don't understand it, but some people will wait in line and overpay for things they could get with a little ingenuity or planning, but that's the way of the world. I worked at one of those payday places for a while.

The post office report is very detailed and comprehensive though, got to give them credit. It's ingenious because it puts together two failing systems for on not quite as bad system
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

The Senate has a long and storied history of using postal services for banking, so why not extend it to others?
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    What qualifies as an immoral or excessive interest rate is subjective.
    Of course it is. And you're entitled to your opinion. As a guy who works in the field you do, I think a simple mapping of where these loan places exist might be illuminating as to their business model.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

I would support the government buying out UPS and FedEx...and monopolizing all delivery companies in the U.S. It would be more cost effective and keep people employed...the USPS is still the best way to deliver anything...they have all the addresses/routes.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

The efficiency of being able to use the same drones to spy on us and bring us our copies of Esquire magazine would be awesome, as well.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Will people need to show an ID to cash a check at the Post Office like you do in a bank, or is this disenfranchisement? Is Zippy really racist?

“Here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    I think a simple mapping of where these loan places exist might be illuminating as to their business model.
    Oh, I know who they cater to. But I've also seen quite a few of these places in middle class areas.

As far as the USPS, I think they need to cut back to MWF service. Any next-day letter couriering can be done privately.
    Last edited by BigFin; 02-14-2014 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    Oh, I know who they cater to. But I've also seen quite a few of these places in middle class areas.

As far as the USPS, I think they need to cut back to MWF service. Any next-day letter couriering can be done privately.
    I agree with that. There simply isn't enough business left for urgent letters, but there is a need for the service.
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12