Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    That still doesn't answer the question of what happened, Luc. I think it's left open to interpretation - but if you read the LARGER POSTS in this link... there are several possibilities.

a) it was the WITCH
    b) it was the Ghost of the Parr fellow
    c) it was Josh - who was either under the spell of the witch or had simply gone insane and intended to exact revenge on his cohorts who led him unwittingly to his death in the woods - there is a long explanation of that on this link.
    d) it was Mike working under the spell of the Witch.
    e) it was backwoods freaks flucking with them the whole time

PLEASE NOTE: there is also speculation about:

1. The Parr house in the woods, as the story is told, was burnt down. So what was it doing there in the woods? Was the house itself a GHOST? Or...

2. Did they TIME TRAVEL back before 1941 while in the woods, because the Witch owns the woods?

It could be ANY OF THE ABOVE? It could have been the Witch holding the camera as she wanted those who find it to Watch.
    I like the idea of it being Josh and there NEVER WAS ANY WITCH at all!!

ALSO NOTE: when Mike is standing at the WALL his FEET/SHOES are FACING BACKWARDS from his body - there is a photo at the link. He COULD have been hanging there, by Josh, who purloined the nylon rope that we see in his 'care package' of teeth and flesh, but we don't KNOW that Josh died...

Read this link and see what you think: http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/446590
    Last edited by Rear Admiral; 03-06-2014 at 01:07 AM.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by lucas707 View Post
    Mount Rushmore Of 1970s Icons

- Bruce ( shark from JAWS )
    - KISS
    - Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders
    - Evel Knievel
    Super Dave Osborne?
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    That still doesn't answer the question of what happened, Luc. I think it's left open to interpretation - but if you read the LARGER POSTS in this link... there are several possibilities.

a) it was the WITCH
    b) it was the Ghost of the Parr fellow
    c) it was Josh - who was either under the spell of the witch or had simply gone insane and intended to exact revenge on his cohorts who led him unwittingly to his death in the woods - there is a long explanation of that on this link.
    d) it was Mike working under the spell of the Witch.
    e) it was backwoods freaks flucking with them the whole time

PLEASE NOTE: there is also speculation about:

1. The Parr house in the woods, as the story is told, was burnt down. So what was it doing there in the woods? Was the house itself a GHOST? Or...

2. Did they TIME TRAVEL back before 1941 while in the woods, because the Witch owns the woods?

It could be ANY OF THE ABOVE? It could have been the Witch holding the camera as she wanted those who find it to Watch.
    I like the idea of it being Josh and there NEVER WAS ANY WITCH at all!!

ALSO NOTE: when Mike is standing at the WALL his FEET/SHOES are FACING BACKWARDS from his body - there is a photo at the link. He COULD have been hanging there, by Josh, who purloined the nylon rope that we see in his 'care package' of teeth and flesh, but we don't KNOW that Josh died...

Read this link and see what you think: http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/446590

Wow, now I definitely want to go back and watch it again ...

I definitely think something supernatural was going on - I don't think it was backwoods hicks messing with them, and I don't think it was Josh having gone insane ...

The Josh theory makes sense only if there is some sort of supernatural / possession element involved - perhaps the only way for Josh to regain his soul or exorcise the witch who possessed him was to kill a certain number of people ( similar to Parr ) ...

I can remember reading an interview with the directors - and from memory, I recall them saying that they were going to give a glimpse of the witch at the end - they even had a costume rigged - but then decided against it as that would have been too preposterous and unconvincing ...

I loved the ambiguity and the simplicity ...

Without having seen it in years, right now, I'd say Mike and Heather definitely encountered something supernatural - I'm leaning to the actual witch, but it could have also done the killing thru Josh ...

And as I recall, there was a line early in the movie in regards to people actually seeing the witch - witnessing a creature/woman whose body was covered in hair ( I remember that line distinctly - at the time, I leaned over to my sis in the theater and cracked a joke about one of my ex girlfriends lol )
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

And one thing I almost forgot:

The screen shot of Mike in the basement - I do NOT see that as his shoes/feet turned the opposite way ... It just looks grainy and dark, and he had big hiking boots on ..... I disagree with the person who posted that pic
    My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

ok, we will get back to the Mount Rushmore in a minute

One more thing on TBWP as I forgot something important :

Heather and Mike are running to the house calling for Josh ... they do this because they hear Josh's voice

( this is creeping me out just thinking about it as I sit here LOL )

It's the witch - talking in Josh's voice luring them there ... I don't think Josh is involved, other than the impression of his voice
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

One more:

The creators of The Blair Witch Project were definitely influenced by Algernon Blackwood's classic horror short story "The Williows" . . . that one goes beyond supernatural
    ― Ayn Rand, Anthem

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678