Lightbulb Reggie Herring new LBs coach on 3-4 front 7 assignments

Was looking for some material to learn more about the 3-4 and stumbled onto
    this video of our new LBs coach explaining the various roles in the Texan's 2011 3-4 defense. Not sure how much of this will apply to us in our defense. But it's a perspective on what our LBs coach has taught in the past.
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

Well if the Bears FO is trying to make us think that there is a possibility that the Bears are going to a 3-4, they are doing a good job of it.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Couple this with McLovin being moved to LB and now stories about Cornelius Washington being moved to LB and the 3-4 is looking very realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyII View Post
    Couple this with McLovin being moved to LB and now stories about Cornelius Washington being moved to LB and the 3-4 is looking very realistic.
    Link?
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikefive View Post
    Link?
    Bears | Cornelius Washington could be used as LBFri, 07 Feb 2014 18:02:33 -0800

Chicago Bears DE Cornelius Washington could be used as an outside linebacker if the team experiments with a 3-4 defensive alignment next season. Washington likely would be used as a pass rusher on passing downs if the team stays with a 4-3 defensive alignment. - See more at: http://www.kffl.com/team/11/nfl/chic....kXzHGjVJ.dpuf
    I tweeted Michael C. Wright to see if that came from Halas Hall or if that was just speculative thought.

I'll let you know if he gets back to me.

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    I tweeted Michael C. Wright to see if that came from Halas Hall or if that was just speculative thought.

I'll let you know if he gets back to me.
    He hasn't gotten back to me even afterattaching the hashtag of 'bearsmailbag' to it.

Just another case of Michael C. Wright tweeting something to justify his paycheck.

I hate these hacks....anyone could do that.

-Gandhi

Looking ahead: Washington possesses the physical foundation of speed and explosive power. But he needs to use the offseason to sharpen fundamentals, in addition to adding some pass-rushing moves to his repertoire. At the moment, Washington remains a raw, developmental player, who needs to take a major step if he expects to gain the staff’s trust heading into 2014. There’s been speculation the Bears could experiment with a 3-4 front next season, and if that’s truly the case, Washington could potentially make a move to linebacker because he’s versatile enough to pull it off. If the Bears remain a 4-3 front, Washington probably won’t become an every-down defender next season. But he could contribute in a role as a designated pass-rusher on passing downs.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears

Scroll to the Corny Washington rookie review.

And…will Ted Washington be coming back to play the nose in this 3-4 we'll be running….or is the plan to put Craig Steltz inside?

Quote Originally Posted by saljilael View Post
    And…will Ted Washington be coming back to play the nose in this 3-4 we'll be running….or is the plan to put Craig Steltz inside?
    I vote Conte...at least then that will be one way to put him out of his misery while guaranteeing he does not see the field as a S anymore.
    The two-wheeled scourge of the streets

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    He hasn't gotten back to me even afterattaching the hashtag of 'bearsmailbag' to it.

Just another case of Michael C. Wright tweeting something to justify his paycheck.

I hate these hacks....anyone could do that.

Wright is a D-bag.

Here is an exchange I had with Rich Campbell (Tribune) about this a while back.

https://twitter.com/Rich_Campbell/st...29513208205313

Also see here for some periphery convo about McClellin:

https://twitter.com/Rich_Campbell/st...88833231785985
    "I despise money" -NoSlowBuffalo-

Lol. The complaining because people don't respond to other people on twitter.