Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 140

Thread: More Draft

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    100
    Shaw can be had much later in the draft than McCarron seems apples/oranges.

    The only issue I have with Dennard/Gilbert is that there will be some really good corners hitting free agency and it seems like the most likely position the Vikings can fill their need outside the draft.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    augusta, georgia
    Posts
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    Shaw sucks
    Don't stop there psycho. Elaborate....
    bleeding purple since 1972

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    18,237
    If we take McCarron in the 2nd I will freak.

    John. David. Booty.

    He played with tremendous talent. That's it. If he had played at Iowa or Oregon State, he would be considered a 50/50 shot as to whether he even gets drafted.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,276
    Agree 100% web-footed one.

    Go11

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    augusta, georgia
    Posts
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    if we take mccarron in the 2nd i will freak.

    John. David. Booty.

    He played with tremendous talent. That's it. If he had played at iowa or oregon state, he would be considered a 50/50 shot as to whether he even gets drafted.
    bingo!
    bleeding purple since 1972

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Woodbury, MN
    Posts
    6,756
    Why draft a QB if you don't feel he can be better than Ponder. I'm not sure a lot of these guys we're discussing are.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Burbank, Ca.
    Posts
    1,223
    Yep, the more I hear, the more I think one of the "top 3" QB's will slide to us. Most likely Manziel. Most analyst think these guys aren't worth a top ten pick. I'm wary of spending a top ten on anybody but Bridgewater. Ideally I think a trade down would be the way to go, I just don't think too many teams will be willing to give up picks to move up this year with all the good players (excluding QB) in this draft. It's going to be a tough call in the war room.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Big Muddy
    Posts
    17,941
    Given the history of the QB's that excel under Norv, I don't see Manziel even being in consideration. Bortles and Bridgewater yes.

    Grappalo and Mettlenberger I could also see in the next couple rounds.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    augusta, georgia
    Posts
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseland Vike View Post
    Given the history of the QB's that excel under Norv, I don't see Manziel even being in consideration. Bortles and Bridgewater yes.

    Grappalo and Mettlenberger I could also see in the next couple rounds.
    Mett has a dynamite arm but everything else about him scares me.
    bleeding purple since 1972

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    St Cloud, MN
    Posts
    5,592
    garoppolo...i think might sneak into the first. if we can start the draft with a stud defender, and then add garoppolo in round 2, that would be fantastic.
    Bleeding Purple since 1977

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    36,494
    Derek Carr apparently killed his pro day. I'm starting to think the Vikes will take him at 8.

    “Obviously, he was very impressive today,” Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner said, via the AP. “He came out and showed he has a strong arm, very accurate, he made all the throws. He had a heck of a workout.”

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Big Muddy
    Posts
    17,941
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    Derek Carr apparently killed his pro day. I'm starting to think the Vikes will take him at 8.

    “Obviously, he was very impressive today,” Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner said, via the AP. “He came out and showed he has a strong arm, very accurate, he made all the throws. He had a heck of a workout.”
    Unless they had pass rushers in his face during the workout, did it matter?

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    36,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseland Vike View Post
    Unless they had pass rushers in his face during the workout, did it matter?
    NFL GMs always let these things affect them, even though they shouldn't. How else can you explain guys like Kyle Boller, who completely sucked in college, being a 1st round pick? Oh yeah, he threw a ball 70 yards from his knees at his pro day!

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Burbank, Ca.
    Posts
    1,223
    Well, he may have sucked in college but he already has more super bowl rings than the entire history of the Vikings...just saying...

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Big Muddy
    Posts
    17,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Jombi View Post
    Well, he may have sucked in college but he already has more super bowl rings than the entire history of the Vikings...just saying...
    Are you talking about Kyle Boller?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Fantasy Football Rankings


Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.