Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    Guess I was raised differently....I think the man deserves a little bit of appreciation for giving us a winner year after year for a whole lot of years....Andy Wasn't the one throwing the int's killing championships, he just coached the game...but it's cool, we will just blame Andy. Again, the guy brought us many good years.
    He didn't put his players in the right position to win the SB.
    I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert719 View Post
    Let's see if I can. To equalize for differing season lengths over NFL history, let's use # of years coached, which for Reid is 15+:

George Halas
    Don Shula
    Curly Lambeau
    Tom Landry
    Paul Brown
    Dan Reeves
    Chuck Noll
    Steve Owen
    Chuck Knox
    Marty Schottenheimer
    Mike Shanahan
    Weeb Ewbank
    Bill Belichick
    Bill Parcells
    Jeff Fisher
    Tom Coughlin
    Bud Grant
    Sid Gillman
    Mike Holmgren
    Marv Levy
    Hank Stram
    Joe Gibbs
    Lou Saban
    Bill Cowher
    Norv Turner
    Jim Mora
    Dick Vermiel
    Buddy Parker
    Jimmy Conzelman
    (Mike Ditka and Don Coryell coached 14 years, the number Reid was HC with us, so toss them on as well.)

Delete the coaches who won Super Bowls (1967 forward): Shula, Landry, Noll, Ewbank, Ultimate Leader, Camerachick, Parcells, Coughlin, Holmgren, Stram, Gibbs, Cowher, Vermiel, and Ditka.

Now delete the coaches who won AFL or NFL Championships prior to SBI, as that's the nearest comparison: Halas, Lambeau, Brown, Owen, Gillman, Saban, Conzelman, and Parker.

That leaves the following men who coached as long as Andy in the NFL without winning a Super Bowl: Reeves, Knox, Schottenheimer, Fisher, Grant, Levy, Turner, Mora, and Coryell. If that's the question, the answer is 9 men have coached 14+ years in the NFL without ever winning a Super Bowl.

Now remove the ones who spent fewer than 14 years at all of their stops on the way: Coryell, Mora, Turner, Levy, Schottenheimer, Knox, Reeves.

If the question is how many stayed at one team for at least as long as Andy without getting canned, the answer is two: Bud Grant (18 years with Minnesota) and Jeff Fisher (17 years with the Houston/Tennessee Oiler/Titans.)
    Bud Grant went to four Super Bowls, too right? So really, you have Reid and Jeff Fisher. Reid was not a terrible coach, but a case can be made that he and Banner, as time went on, became terrible judges of talent. And a case can be made that Reid got too set in his ways after so many years in one place and stopped innovating. The change in scenery was good for him as well as for the Eagles.

I think some of you have gotten a little too sensitive about us cracking jokes about Nate Allen, Daniel Te'o Nesheim and other Reid-era busts. It's fair game and you need to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    Bud Grant went to four Super Bowls, too right? So really, you have Reid and Jeff Fisher. Reid was not a terrible coach, but a case can be made that he and Banner, as time went on, became terrible judges of talent. And a case can be made that Reid got too set in his ways after so many years in one place and stopped innovating. The change in scenery was good for him as well as for the Eagles.

I think some of you have gotten a little too sensitive about us cracking jokes about Nate Allen, Daniel Te'o Nesheim and other Reid-era busts. It's fair game and you need to relax.
    Bud Grant went to four Super Bowls, and lost all four, just like Marv Levy (who comes off the list at that last point because he was only in Buffalo 12 years; the rest of his coaching career was elsewhere. It's weird; most of the coaches on the "14+ years" list actually spent a decade or more at one of their stops, but only 3 made it to 14 years in the same place. You'd expect more rapid turnover than that.) Is there a point after which you lose enough Super Bowls that you can cash them in at the window and call it a Super Bowl victory, or something? I'm not sure how you get "he failed at the last minute four times in eighteen years, so he really doesn't count on the list of guys who never won."

All you clowns talk about Reid more than Chiefs fans do. He's not the coach here anymore. Let it go!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Psycho View Post
    All you clowns talk about Reid more than Chiefs fans do. He's not the coach here anymore. Let it go!
    Its almost always dredged up by a fat man ball washer.
    Im sick of the "andy Reid was the greatest ever" bullcrap. Again, hes not on our team anymore so...***** em!!!
    "you know my rap, 21 and 10"

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Psycho View Post
    It's the off-season and this is a forum….let em whine, we'll just kickback and watch the show.

PS I'm so glad Andy Reid is NOT our coach anymore!!!

Again, I have said countless times it was time for Andy to move on....But the people on this board that just BASH this man is horrible. The guy won us a lot of games...It's not a matter of ballwashing, it's a matter of respect for a good coach.

Guess I was raised differently....I think the man deserves a little bit of appreciation for giving us a winner year after year for a whole lot of years....Andy Wasn't the one throwing the int's killing championships, he just coached the game...but it's cool, we will just blame Andy. Again, the guy brought us many good years.
    Are you talking about McNabb???

Or you were raised bi-polar? because there is no consistency in your argument.

If Reid was doing well, there would be no need for "time for him to move on" - that is such a weak argument. He needed to go because it was proven beyond measure that he SUCKED here. It took most another 10 years to get to this point when he was doing the SAME THINGS a decade earlier. It just took enough pressure from losing seasons and not winning a playoff game since he lost McNabb for enough pressure to come to bear on him. The good thing for him now is - he gets to go inherit someone else's work again and dismantle it, while winning some games until the players are all his again.
    Last edited by FFL_Recruiter; 02-06-2014 at 02:18 AM.

Again, I have said countless times it was time for Andy to move on....But the people on this board that just BASH this man is horrible. The guy won us a lot of games...It's not a matter of ballwashing, it's a matter of respect for a good coach.
    I didn't like him day 2. Didn't know who he was when he was hired, but i decided to give him a chance. The next day he named Doug Pederson the starter. Then i was out. What would any competent QB learn from Doug Pederson starting? I didn't like that tone that was set there. I respected the 11 wins in 2000. But most of his decsions i disagreed with and i didn't enjoy his stay here. I've not ever been a "but who cares we won?" guy.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    I didn't like him day 2. Didn't know who he was when he was hired, but i decided to give him a chance. The next day he named Doug Pederson the starter. Then i was out. What would any competent QB learn from Doug Pederson starting? I didn't like that tone that was set there. I respected the 11 wins in 2000. But most of his decsions i disagreed with and i didn't enjoy his stay here. I've not ever been a "but who cares we won?" guy.
    Andy started a veteran QB that fit his system while letting the younger QBs sit and learn. Chip did the same thing with Vick. I don't see the difference.
    Chip is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Andy started a veteran QB that fit his system while letting the younger QBs sit and learn. Chip did the same thing with Vick. I don't see the difference.
    I could see having a QB sit for part of their rookie season but at the most their first season. Your QB of the future should start as soon as possible unless you are already a good team with an established QB (Steve Young, Aaaron Rodgers).

Vick started because he beat out Foles in training camp and would have played the entire season if he did not get injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I want my rookie/franchise QB to learn from a competent QB, and hell, maybe even make the young QB earn it and get pushed a little by the old guy. Doug Pederson was a career 3rd stringer and it showed in his play. I don't know any good habits or motivation McNabb could have developed from him other than how to buckle the chin strap.

Vick/Kelly is not the same at all.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456