Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 526 to 536 of 536
  1. #526
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    45,800
    I like Joker. Disagree with him often, but like him nevertheless. I can't understand why people let certain posters get to them so. If you really disdain them, ignore them. Pay no attention to them. How hard is that?
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

    "For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

    "It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

  2. #527
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    54,290
    Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe View Post
    I like Joker. Disagree with him often, but like him nevertheless. I can't understand why people let certain posters get to them so. If you really disdain them, ignore them. Pay no attention to them. How hard is that?
    Joker and I rarely see eye to eye. But I do appreciate the passion he brings to his posts. He really gets into it and I do dig that.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  3. #528
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The High Seas
    Posts
    36,979
    Even soccer balls are good for something.
    Gang Way!

  4. #529
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    54,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    Even soccer balls are good for something.
    Throwing at nancy soccer players?
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  5. #530
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    43,614
    Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe View Post
    I like Joker. Disagree with him often, but like him nevertheless. I can't understand why people let certain posters get to them so. If you really disdain them, ignore them. Pay no attention to them. How hard is that?
    Who is telling Joker to not post?

    He's a troll but he's OUR precious little troll.

    We luuuuvvs him.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

    --

    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

  6. #531
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puyallup, Washington
    Posts
    27,166
    No one is offended by Joker. He's like that dumb uncle that says stupid stuff and is fun to laugh at.

  7. #532
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
    Posts
    38,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    And a pick 6 among their 2 INTs and only allowed a single 1 TD. One difference for me though was. I thought St Lou should've ran the ball more whereas Denver never had a chance really to establish the run. Such as life though for offenses that wanna throw the ball 40-45 times every game which is what the 99 Rams and today's Broncos preferred/prefer to do.
    Yes, fortunately Mike Martz the offensive wunder-coach didn't want to do that. Another difference between the Patriots and Seahawks was that the Patriots D was completely out of gas by games end and allowed the Rams to almost come back.

  8. #533
    JMR's Avatar
    JMR is offline defender of the high life
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    next to the gold
    Posts
    11,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    Sorry, I don't think this Denver edition is even in the Top 5, if not the Top 10 greatest offenses of all time after their debacle in the Super Bowl. Fact is they came out like a house'a-fire but petered out from the half-season point to the end - where they crashed and burned with a Thud.

    Denver had only a 'serviceable' running game - that's their first issue. Their second issues are that, while they have a great QB, they are playing in the pass-happy/offense favored by rules era... and they could only put up 8 meaningless points when playing for all the marbles. Yeah, Seahawks have a good D, not the best I've ever seen but pretty good. Denver shot themselves in the foot quite a bit. I can think of 5 offenses off the top of my head better than Denver's.

    1. Dallas Cowboys - either two of the first of 3 Super Bowls
    2. Pitt Steelers - either two of their mid-two Super Bowls
    3. San Fran 49'ers - either their team who beat Denver or the one who beat Cinci the second time.
    4. San Diego Chargers - under Fouts the year they had the running game.
    5. Denver - with Terrell Davis
    6. Baltimore Colts - under John Unitas
    7. Dallas Cowboys - year they beat Denver with Tony Dorsett.
    8. New England Patriots - year they LOST to NYG to miss out on undefeated.
    9. Buffalo Bills - pick their best offense of 4 consecutive trips to the SB.
    10.Rams - with Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk the year they won it.

    I would take every one of those offenses over this Denver one.
    Not going to say you're incorrect on a subjective type view of who you consider the best offense, but it's a fact that this year's Broncos were the most prolific scoring offense in the history of the league....and Peyton Mannning put up a QB performance that is statistically above all others. And it's because of those facts (and probably mixed in with a couple others) that have led fair-minded folks like Mike Greenberg to say Seattle's D put in the best (defensive) performance in SB history. Doesn't make them the best D ever, but plenty of non-Seattle fans came away profoundly impressed after SB48.
    U MAD BRO??

  9. #534
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,831
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    No one is offended by Joker. He's like that dumb uncle that says stupid stuff and is fun to laugh at.
    I'm not in China, nor have I ever been.

  10. #535
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The High Seas
    Posts
    36,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Depp View Post
    I'm not in China, nor have I ever been.
    In that case, please refer yourself to the masturbation thread.
    Gang Way!

  11. #536
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    In that case, please refer yourself to the masturbation thread.
    Who needs that when I can visualize a 300 pound black Zimbabwe hooker in my head.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Fantasy Football Rankings


Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.