Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    hahahahaha
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

About as soon as you finally have 1 interesting thing happen to you in your life

Let's break this down: obviously you have no girlfriend. Obviously you never had.

And if you say you did and she wasnt a 250 pound chick, I'm surprised.

Well sure, but I don't think he had to pay her.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    Well sure, but I don't think he had to pay her.
    haha, nice.

Boohoohoo, some skank dumped me. I'm gonna put on a little tutu and commit suicide...but let me post a thread on KFFL first.

Hahahahaha
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    Boohoohoo, some skank dumped me. I'm gonna put on a little tutu and commit suicide...but let me post a thread on KFFL first.

Hahahahaha
    Dude...i'm being very serious now. I'm done with the bitching game....You will find a girlfriend man. This may or may not come across as phony, I don't know. But dude, you are going to have a girlfriend soon. I mean this sincerely, but there is a good chance it might be taken out of context.

Can you two take it to another thread, or PM's... we're still paying respects to Mr Hoffman here.
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by KickSave View Post
    Can you two take it to another thread, or PM's... we're still paying respects to Mr Hoffman here.
    Umm..seriously guy, let's stop pretending like we are in the Screen Actors Guild. He was a great actor...leave it at that...we didn't know the ****ing guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Depp View Post
    Umm..seriously guy, let's stop pretending like we are in the Screen Actors Guild. He was a great actor...leave it at that...we didn't know the ****ing guy.
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    I think it's probably a little different for everybody - although people may fall into 'categories'. I used to smoke, and never wanted to quit but knew I'd have a hard time with it. When I quit drinking, tho, smoking soon followed. Quitting smoking was a little tougher than quitting drinking, but had I not quit drinking - no way I could have quit smoking, they went hand in hand.

I also think there are some people - not a large percent but certainly some - who are what I have heard referred to as having 'addictive personalities'. I have known a few, and they have a one track mind about getting their 'fix' whatever it is, even to the point of being totally oblivious and selfish about others. Personally, I don't care to be around such people. For one, they like to get those around them into their 'party mode', and for the other they typically don't have the cash to support their 'addiction'. I can only imagine what they'd be like if they did have the cash, as Hoffman did, whether or not he was 'addicted'. I just don't buy that he was 'clean & sober' for 22 years while he was in and out of rehab during that time. He had to have been using and keeping it low-profile, I suspect.

I don't know if continuing drinking the way I was would have killed me or not. I wasn't at 'rock bottom' when I gave it up. I would have gotten there soon, tho, within a year maybe less. I couldn't continue functioning with the ever increasing, uncomfortable hangovers. And liver disease is a prevalent killer. In a way, I figure, those hangovers were a good thing for me.
    I am just reporting what many Heroin addicts had said. Sort of "We're trying to kick smack and you want us to quit cigarettes too!? What are you? Some kind of sadist!?!??"

Yes, maybe some people have more addictive personalities than others and it gets to be a game of switching the addiction. Some people have pushed running as sort of a positive addiction.
    Last edited by PatsFan2003; 02-05-2014 at 10:51 PM.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819