Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by deerpathdave View Post

Understood. I was just pointing out that the guys that get paid to do this prioritize the CB position over Safety for the reasons we both agree on. I am generally more interested in what professionals do and why more than what Fans on a message board would do.
    That's fair. I am more interested in who wins Super Bowls than what some soon-to-be-sitting-at-home during the playoffs professionals think.
    Gang Way!

I think the prioritizing of cover corners over safeties makes sense, but it is getting harder to find safeties who can do all the stuff they now need to do.

In Philly's case, they have spent two fairly high picks, second rounders, on safeties, so they actually did make it a priority. The problem is they drafted Nate Allen and Jaiquawn Jarrett with those high picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    I think the prioritizing of cover corners over safeties makes sense, but it is getting harder to find safeties who can do all the stuff they now need to do.

In Philly's case, they have spent two fairly high picks, second rounders, on safeties, so they actually did make it a priority. The problem is they drafted Nate Allen and Jaiquawn Jarrett with those high picks.
    And they didn't pan out so they look elsewhere. That's what Jerry Jones did with Roy Williams - he tried to replace Darren Woodson with a 'hot college prospect' in Williams. He failed to do his diligence on the POSITION like JJ had done in picking Woodson, who was a converted college linebacker.

Remember Keena Turner? He was a second round pick as a LB from Purdue by the Dolphins. But he has 4 Super Bowl rings with... the 49ers. He was traded ON DRAFT DAY to the 9ers for some guy called Willie Teal who never did squat. Turner was an 11 year havoc wreaker.
    Gang Way!

I personally feel that the Chip Kelly is going to focus on fixing the defense. I think it is going to be his top priority. I would not be surprised if we do not spend our first 3-4 picks in this years draft on Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGreen View Post
    I personally feel that the Chip Kelly is going to focus on fixing the defense. I think it is going to be his top priority. I would not be surprised if we do not spend our first 3-4 picks in this years draft on Defense.
    Agreed. I predict three of the four first picks will be defense.

From the first Draft thread at the end of the season, I felt Chip would draft OLB, FS, CB... in no particular order. I'll stick to that line of thinking.
    [I]"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ___ Samuel Adams "Father of the American Revolution"

"Originally Posted by JackBauer"
    I'm still waiting to see the Democrats running on a platform of reduced federal spending.

I don't think Louisville played Oregon while Chip was there. Therefore I don't see the Eagles taking him.

I don't think it was a coincidence that the Eagles took a bunch of guys Kelly game planned against. I think it will be like that this year too. Next year the effect won't be as much 3 years removed from Oregon.

Don't agree. So Chip won't take a guy because they didn't play Oregon? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    Agreed. I predict three of the four first picks will be defense.
    It "SHOULD" be that way. Lets hope Chip sees it the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by FFL_Recruiter View Post
    It "SHOULD" be that way. Lets hope Chip sees it the same way.
    That could be the plan - but then the Defender you covet gets selected and offensive guy drops to you... you may take that offensive guy. You really have to follow your board in these drafts to get max value.
    Gang Way!

If we cant get Byrd or Ward, I too would definitely be looking hard at Pryor. Dude looks like he might be a stud All Around Safety. Big boy can lay the wood and makes some spectacular picks. We gotta get a stud at Safety this year, Im sick of watching ours.

Gotta address WR, especially if we lose Cooper or MAclin. Really like Jarvis Landry.

Kicker? Id try to get Gano from Carolina.

Need a studly RG to help open some holes for Shady.

Would be helpful to have an elite Outside pass rusher.

A young CB at worst is needed to start grooming behind Williams.

KR/PR. Hester? Black Mamba? Needs to be addressed once and for all.

More speed at ILB to replace Ryans eventually.

Chip & Howie need to be on their game for this Draft. Its a big one!
    Last edited by swat; 02-05-2014 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    Gotta address WR, especially if we lose Cooper or MAclin. Really like Jarvis Landry.
    I am pretty sure Cooper stays. I highly doubt he gets huge money offers and I think he will actually take a little less to stay here as long as the difference is not big.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    I'm tired of settling for "good enough" that is what we have done for too long.
    I'd say Ward and Pryor would be Slightly better than good enough.

>Nick Foles
    ---->
    ------->Chip Kelly
    ---->
    >Howie Roseman

The Philly Triangle - 1 focal point of potential stability that has continued to solidify itself through the season showing its ability to anchor the foundation. 1 leading force to shape the future. 1 collector to supply the pieces. Could the Green/Silver lining return to the triangle?...stay tuned to this continuing saga.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345