Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anyone else think that guys like Josh Huff and Cody Latimer are getting pretty underrated?
    Last edited by Dre; 03-28-2014 at 03:05 AM.
    "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man" - Jack Handy

I don't know if I agree but I do know what you mean. Latimer is a guy I could see putting a 3rd round grade on. This draft just happens to have a pretty sick group of 12-15 WRs ahead of him and that will likely push him down a bit. I'd include ELlington in this group too.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I am a big fan of Latimer but after his pro day, I expect he will start climbing the charts.

I'm really interested to see who the 3rd WR off the board (I'd imagine there are a wide range of opinions across the league) is and if it either starts a run on WRs or if teams really sit tight and try to take advantage of the depth.

I'm really hoping it's the latter, especially if the Giants are able to deal back in the 1st and pickup an extra 2 or 3, as I think they'd be wise to hedge against Randle putting it together enough to be the X.
    What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

I'd be shocked if it isn't Lee. I think its about who's the 4th WR off the board.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I don't even think there is a consensus #2. I think the more interesting thing about the WR class will be: who slides? I have 10 WRs top 50, and could see as many as 20 in the top 100. I have a very hard time seeing 20 WRs going in the first 3 rounds.

I think Watkins,Evans,Lee is pretty set in stone. Its getting pretty heavily put out there that Evans is unlikely to make it past 9.

We're still almost six weeks out. Rumors this early are pretty meaningless.

Of course you never know what will happen on draft day, but I think there is a consensus ranking at this point and I think its a safe bet who the top 3 are. Maybe I'm wrong though.

The Bills may very well have Evans #2. I'm just not convinced there's a consensus on that. I wouldn't be surprised if someone graded him as the #1 WR, but I also wouldn't be surprised if someone graded him outside the first round.

Yah, you never know. Evans definitely isn't for everyone. Consensus wasn't the right word, but I bet that's the order they come off the board in the end. Some people think Cooks or Beckham will go before Lee, but I don't see it. I could see someone becoming enthralled with Benjamin though if they really value size.

I have Benjamin as the 9th WR. I could see a team taking him higher than that, as you suggest, but if I'm looking for a big WR late 1st, early 2nd, I'm not taking him over Matthews, Moncrief, or Robinson. He's obviously the biggest of that group, but they're better in almost every other way imaginable.

I think he's actually become pretty overrated for what he is, considering the overall quality, and WR depth, of this draft class. If I were making a list of guys that came out early, but could have benefited most from another year of college football, he'd be near the top of that list. On the other hand, while his WR skills are lacking, and could have benefited from another year at FSU, my biggest concerns with him are his limited quickness/agility. I like big, physical WRs as much as anyone, but there's a point where, unless a guy is a freak like Calvin Johnson, they can be "too big" to be an effective WR because of what they give up in quickness/agility.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    I have Benjamin as the 9th WR. I could see a team taking him higher than that, as you suggest, but if I'm looking for a big WR late 1st, early 2nd, I'm not taking him over Matthews, Moncrief, or Robinson. He's obviously the biggest of that group, but they're better in almost every other way imaginable.

I think he's actually become pretty overrated for what he is, considering the overall quality, and WR depth, of this draft class. If I were making a list of guys that came out early, but could have benefited most from another year of college football, he'd be near the top of that list. On the other hand, while his WR skills are lacking, and could have benefited from another year at FSU, my biggest concerns with him are his limited quickness/agility. I like big, physical WRs as much as anyone, but there's a point where, unless a guy is a freak like Calvin Johnson, they can be "too big" to be an effective WR because of what they give up in quickness/agility.
    I agree, that was just a prediction, not what I would do. I just think someone could fall in love with his size. I would absolutely take the guys you have listed over him. I do have him ahead of Robinson, but not by a lot.

Watkins,Evans,Lee,Beckham,Matthews,Cooks,Moncrief are at the top of the group. After that, I have Benjamin,Adams and Robinson rated pretty similarly with Abrederris not far behind(it would surprise me little if he's the best pro of the 4). Then you have the Lattimer,Bryant,Richardson,Coleman,Landry group. Ellington,Huff and co. are a notch below to me. I could potentially bump Landry(the workouts scared me) or Bryant(body catcher) down a group too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12