• P. Harvin

1 4.76%
  • Other

2 9.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Superbowl MVP

Percy Harvin, worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    I think Kam Chancellor should be an option. The guy was the MVP of the NFC Championship.
    I think he was the MVP of the Super Bowl as well. He was everywhere.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

JMR is offline defender of the high life
    Kam played great, but I think it should have been RW. Maybe i'm partial to QBs.
    U MAD BRO??

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    Kam played great, but I think it should have been RW. Maybe i'm partial to QBs.
    Wilson did nothing relative to the defensive performance. That would be like saying Trent Dilfer deserved it when the Ravens won it...
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    I think he was the MVP of the Super Bowl as well. He was everywhere.
    Agreed, plus he more than anyone set the tone for Sea's defense imo. Smith was a solid choice though and I'm glad to see the MVP selection committee get it more right this year (picking a Hawks defensive player) as opposed to wrong (just going with RW)
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkdawg View Post
    Watch out for Percy on special teams
    Nice call.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

My ballot would have been:

1. Kam Chancellor
    2. Cliff Avril
    3. Percy Harvin
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

Quote Originally Posted by janos_51 View Post
    Wilson did nothing relative to the defensive performance. That would be like saying Trent Dilfer deserved it when the Ravens won it...
    I don't think I would go that far, but while Wilson played well, it wouldn't have made sense for an offensive player to get it. Not when their defense outscored the Broncos' offense.

Quote Originally Posted by MKHawk View Post
    My ballot would have been:

1. Kam Chancellor
    2. Cliff Avril
    3. Percy Harvin
    Chancellor set the tone, but Avril made the most important play of the game, and arguably, two of the three most important plays of the game. Until the pick six, Seattle had failed to capitalize on how dominant they'd been. It was only 15-0 and Denver was driving in rather methodical fashion. They'd converted 3-1 three straight times, and it seemed like they were regaining their composure and getting a little momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by janos_51 View Post
    C'mon. When the game WAS still in doubt, he was money on 3rd down. For a second year guy, after that first pass, he settled down and played real well.

I'm glad it went to a D player, but Wilson isn't Dilfer.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Wilson was on target but I thought his WR's were the ones that really made the plays... on the TD's Kearse and Baldwin were pretty incredible to get into the endzone.... both plays reminded me of Mark Ingram in SuperBowl XXV.

Quote Originally Posted by byron2112 View Post
    Wilson was on target but I thought his WR's were the ones that really made the plays... on the TD's Kearse and Baldwin were pretty incredible to get into the endzone.... both plays reminded me of Mark Ingram in SuperBowl XXV.
    I actually picked Baldwin as my MVP prediction, but figured if a Seattle WR was going to be in the running, it'd go to Wilson. I'm stoked that a defensive guy actually won it, I was reading Peter King this am, and he (as a voter) was wishing that he could have penciled in the entire Seattle D.

But the narrative the last two weeks was that Wilson wasn't playing well, the Seattle O wasn't playing well, and that it would be Lynch who would be the O's lynchpin (heh) Lynch ran with his usual abandon, but as has been the case for 2 years now, we pass to set up the run.

When the game was still in doubt, Wilson was on target and played mistake free. He moved the chains and helped keep Manning on the sideline.

Not MVP worthy, as an indelible performance, but he's made all the difference in the team since he arrived.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12